+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League Cup & Charity Shield to be scrapped, 18 team PL

I'm sure many people would think English football is in need of reform - equally, many people might think that this is not the right reform.

Difficult to judge with so little in the way of details, but you would have to be suspicious of their motives and "special voting rights".

Notts has been a fine example over the last 20 years of financial and wider chaos on many levels within the game.

Funny that the PL are very much against these proposals but EFL boss is very much in favour of them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...l-b985407.html

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I think the 25% of future TV receipts spread around the lower leagues might be more interesting
    It looks a better proposal than it is likely to turn out. If Covid achieves anything for football it will be to persuade clubs that they can make big money out of their own streaming. This in turn will severely damage Sky and match broadcasting media.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    It looks a better proposal than it is likely to turn out. If Covid achieves anything for football it will be to persuade clubs that they can make big money out of their own streaming. This in turn will severely damage Sky and match broadcasting media.
    You may be right. I must confess apart from a bit of a "blip" on Saturday, I thought the streaming was great . Having said that, it could have been down to the result rather than the experience.

Article here which seems to get to the heart of the proposals;

https://twohundredpercent.net/rick-parry-megaclubs/

I think the EFL clubs should make a counter proposal which would involve Liverpool and Man U merging. They’ve got lots in common, are localish to each other and play in red. What would be the problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12