+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Sutton Utd. 13.10.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Twisted agenda?

If you want to read it that way it's up to you. I just have a nasty feeling those easy 3 points we missed wii end up costing us.
    Elite, Deidre will change her mind when going through a bad patch, but like last season, calls all the anti Ardleys after a win. A ****in to$$er

Well done Notts and the players and the management team. A win is a win and alot said they'd take a point before the game so a good result. COYP

And who gives a **** about the Dover game anymore?!

3 wins in the last 3 games will do for me

It's interesting how different people view it.

I view it as we were heading for two goalless draws and thus 2 points. The late disappointing concession at Dover and the ecstatic late winner at Sutton equated to 3 points. So we are point better off.

Agree with CF, the Dover game has gone missed opportunity for sure but first game of the season in tough conditions. I said I'd be happy with a point at in form Sutton so delighted with all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    And who gives a **** about the Dover game anymore?!
    Dover is currently the difference from us being 1st and that cannot be allowed to be the case come next May/June.
    It was the away games against struggling sides that cost us promotion last season, Notts must avoid repeating themselves.

Last night was an excellent result, probably one of the toughest fixtures we'll face in the opening 2/3 months. Let's 'hold our serve' against the dross.

Oh, I forgot to mention last night (just for Navy) that it was our 400th 1-0 league victory.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Dover is currently the difference from us being 1st and that cannot be allowed to be the case come next May/June.
    It was the away games against struggling sides that cost us promotion last season, Notts must avoid repeating themselves.

Last night was an excellent result, probably one of the toughest fixtures we'll face in the opening 2/3 months. Let's 'hold our serve' against the dross.

Oh, I forgot to mention last night (just for Navy) that it was our 400th 1-0 league victory.
    I was pissed off as much as anyone after Dover but I'm finding it abit tedious people still going on about it. The same as people still going on about the relegation season, move on for God's sake. It doesn't matter who did what 2 years ago it's a complete waste of time going on about it, I hated Ardley, thought he was crap but as long as we're doing OK (which we are) then quite frankly who gives a ****. Just seems to me like people like arguing for no reason, I don't bring up things with our lass from 2 years ago and go at it with each other, ****ing pointless.

As soccerman used to say 'we are Notts county, we move on'

Last night was an excellent result, probably one of the toughest fixtures we'll face in the opening 2/3 months.
    Absolutely spot on UTM.

Dover are in total disarray, have a team cobbled together in a hurry and the chairman is talking about making players redundant if the rules allowed it. Other teams are smashing them 3, 4 and 5, we only managed 2 shots on target and are the only team not to beat them so far, and our manager blamed the grass. If we want to win the league, that is a problem.

Last night was a very competent, professional, solid away performance against a good team. Most of us would've taken a point but we got the bonus of a last minute winner. If we want to win the league that is exactly the kind of performance we need. Players and manager can be proud.

There you go, it is possible for adult human beings to have two contrasting thoughts at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I don't bring up things with our lass from 2 years ago and go at it with each other, ****ing pointless.
    Does your missus bring up things from 2 years ago?

If not, you’re a lucky man. Mine has a memory like an elephant when she wants to....

You miss out in one game. You gain in another. It happens throughout the season, all teams will have regrets about substandard performances, missed opportunities, bad results , bad luck etc throughout the season.

The key is having less than anyone else. 3 wins from first 4 games will do me.

I have a bet on Hartlepool for the title, I hope I'm wrong.

You should have saved that for the next lockdown quiz mate. If you'd narrowed it down as not less than 399 but no more than 401, I'm sure I'd have got it on my 2nd guess.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast