+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling a bit of dread about Saturday

A good result against a strong team. Last 20 minutes was more even . Defended really well and a good confidence booster getting a clean sheet. If you put a bit of spin on it, that's 4 points out of 6 against the 3rd and 4th best teams in the league from last season.

mixed feelings towards todays game. on the one hand it was another poor performance going forward where we created near to nothing and couldn't keep a hold of the ball for longer than 2 or 3 passes before aimlessly punting it but also defensively we did look fairly solid. granted Aberdeen did have a few big chances where benji saved us in the whole i think we defended quite well as a team.

Benji- kept us in it with the saves.
    Connolly- still has his dodgy moments but once he stops thinking hes baresi and concentrates on defending he does the job well enough.
    Edwards- thought it was his best game for us. solid, won all he needed to and looked more comfortable in the middle of the 3.
    Reynolds- solid enough surprised he was the on who got hooked for formation shape but decent performance.
    Bolton- done his job defensively but lose his attacking ability when hes is at wb.
    Robson- decent enough.
    Butcher- off the ball he done his job. tackled, battled and competed well but on the ball he is not interested and doesnt really want to play any passes really esp not forward. (needs to show more for the ball which would help greatly when ball at back)
    Harkes- similar to butcher, on the ball he lacks the quality but his workrate and covering is important.
    Pawlett- if he is our main creative midfielder then no wonder we give no service to the strikers. not impressed.
    Clark- non existent really. the quality up to him was poor tbf but still never got going.
    Shankland- looked frustrated due to no service.

Smith- good to see him back in the team. could be massive having him back
    Chalmers- should have scored.
    powers- surely needs to be given a proper chance. looks to play forward more and is more composed on the ball.
    McNulty- looks useful. hopefully can make the difference going forward.

I thought MM was good today. Contained Aberdeen for most of the match then changed shape when Powers came on and took the game to them. Probably missed the best chance of the match but in fairness it was a great save. Happy with that to be honest.

Zero composure from Chalmers, what a chance wasted

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Zero composure from Chalmers, what a chance wasted
    That's a little harsh, he's a young lad with little experience. He did well with the control and skinning of the defender, just a great save IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's a little harsh, he's a young lad with little experience. He did well with the control and skinning of the defender, just a great save IMHO.
    Agreed, if only he had lifted it slightly we would be celebrating 3 points tonight, even if we'd have stolen them 😂 loved McInnes's comment about sheepish looks from United btw 😂😂

I thought MM was good today. Contained Aberdeen for most of the match then changed shape when Powers came on and took the game to them. Probably missed the best chance of the match but in fairness it was a great save. Happy with that to be honest.
    I agree, no chance Robbie would have got a point today with this squad.

Benji definitely Man of the Match. He had a great game. Goalkeepers can earn you points.. The much maligned defence put on a brave, fighting performance to keep a clean sheet.
    Sheep will be disappointed, but we'll definitely take a hard earned draw.
    I'm happy to get to the end of the 1st quarter of the league, and although we can be critical of of our team, there's not much between the bottom eight teams. My glass is still half full.

Don't think it is, I think he is promising but he isn't all that young.. It's more a trend i am seeing that I hope he can improve on, had one recently at Hamilton that would have saw us go onto win, that's two very very good positions to have got into and both wasted

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)