+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's What A Championship Club Should Be Doing

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The only time I've ever thought we've had a complete squad at this level was in 1996 / 97 when Hendrie came in in October .

Other than that we are always three or four players short of what we need .

Woodrow needed to remain with his mojo back destroyed by Struber in my opinion and we've got that but he needs another striker to play off like he had with Kieffer Moore .

Got to be somebody on that free agent list who we can get to do us a job , he doesn't have to be prolific but brings others in to get the goals we need .
    I think Struber also bolloxed up Chaplin
    You could see some animosity from Chaplin when he scored a few games ago & showed his "contempt" for Struber
    Glad Struber's gone
    Now just replace him with a decent manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Would your expectations be to sign a young player from Scotland, that no ones ever heard of? Or another one of Inexperience?
    We have signed a mixture today of “potential youth“ and experience, plus extended a 14 goal striker....(yes he is off the boil at the moment........but...) yes, James has injury rehabilitation issues, but he has shown he can operate at this level (in front of our very own fans)..... maybe you were boycotting the matches or not by this time, but he was a class player in my eyes....
    Perhaps you can list two players you would realistically have signed today.
    Name players please SB you would be happy with? You seem to be unhappy with a young lad from Liverpool, and a lad who performed very well last time he was here. You don’t want unknown youth to develop, you aren’t impressed with bringing experienced players like James.....
    Just name some players YOU would be happy with us signing today..... realistic names.
    With regards strikers there were several loaned out to teams that are no bigger than us that could have done a job for us.
    Paul Smyth - aged 23 ( ran Sunderland ragged live on Sky when playing for Accrington) loaned to Charlton.
    Kenneth Zohore - loaned to Millwall.
    Jack Marriott - Loaned to Wednesday.
    Macauley Bonne (24) moved from Charlton to QPR.
    If you wanted an extra body to throw on and mix things up - Leon Clarke scored for Shrewsbury yesterday - moved on a free.
    The biggest miss for me is Michael Jacobs, released by Wigan, now playing for Portsmouth and twice as good as any midfielder we've had for years.
    Mo Eisa - not started a game for Peterborough yet this season, scored 14 in 31 games last season.
    We're desperately short of numbers and options all over the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Our strikers are yet to score a goal from open play.

Woodrow has scored two penalties and defender Helik has one from a corner.

Our owners have had three months to bring in a dominant striker but have not. We wouldn't go to the £2million QPR paid for Dykes.

The fact we look at our most dangerous when a big Centre Back is sent upfield in a panic last throw of the dice because we don't have anyone on the bench illustrates the problem.

The league begins to take shape after about ten games. To add to our 2pts from 15 so far we have coming up Stoke A, Millwall A, QPR H, Watford H, Cardiff A, Derby A.

Our poor recruitment this transfer window could see us remain in the relegation zone forra long time.
    incorrect SB ez tha fogotton abart league cup games ? Or issit just league ? Cauley ez got 2 pens an wun frum oppun play ageeunst Forest , total so far 3 goyls , Williams an Schmidt ev scooard 1 each in oppun play , AGM " All goyls matta "

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I think Struber also bolloxed up Chaplin
    You could see some animosity from Chaplin when he scored a few games ago & showed his "contempt" for Struber
    Glad Struber's gone
    Now just replace him with a decent manager
    Struber was definitely a divisive character , much to admire but ................. ????

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    incorrect SB ez tha fogotton abart league cup games ? Or issit just league ? Cauley ez got 2 pens an wun frum oppun play ageeunst Forest , total so far 3 goyls , Williams an Schmidt ev scooard 1 each in oppun play , AGM " All goyls matta "
    League Cup games befooar Season started were just a substitute for pre season friendlies so a dunt count 'em. Misters cummart to play in league games, eg Boro 0 Barnsley 2 after schooil on the Rec, Boro 2 Barnsley 1 in proper game.

Av gothi nar , av been art walking this mornin , a mettup wi wunna medical team that were ont pitch treating Sollbauer , he sed id ed two bangs onniz earrd , wun from Chris Martin tutha fo penalty , at no time did he suffer from concussion or double vision , Sollbauer was being assessed again yesterday , club hopeful he will be fit enough to play at Stoke , on another note he mentioned that most of the player's are happy enough having Murray in charge ? And the atmosphere has changed for the better ? Whooda thortit !!

Footballers, like fans, are fickle, Struber's a genius wun minute, sh1te the next.

Woodrow looks happier nar laikin up front.

If that Zorro (he's one scruffy git that fella) comes in I hope he dunt shift ivverybody rarnd ageen to be clever.

(My first ever delivered parcel worra Zorro Kit---eye mask, cape and rapier sword. I used to run rarnd Doduth Bottom making the "mark of Zorro"--a Z--on the ground . Mi mam used to call me in, "SB, tha showin uz up, tha 37" )

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Footballers, like fans, are fickle, Struber's a genius wun minute, sh1te the next.

Woodrow looks happier nar laikin up front.

If that Zorro (he's one scruffy git that fella) comes in I hope he dunt shift ivverybody rarnd ageen to be clever.

(My first ever delivered parcel worra Zorro Kit---eye mask, cape and rapier sword. I used to run rarnd Doduth Bottom making the "mark of Zorro"--a Z--on the ground . Mi mam used to call me in, "SB, tha showin uz up, tha 37" )
    Jim thallev Barbra afta thi Thar wa posh evvin all taccul , adta mek mi orn arta sum black scooal socks n nottud string , a used an old tatey peyla fomee sword purrin Z ont benches neer Jooa Lockes statue

It wo fo Christmas, that and a Beano Annual.

It worronly plastic and it snapped in two wenna tried to write on stooan flags. Sulked fo days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    With regards strikers there were several loaned out to teams that are no bigger than us that could have done a job for us.
    Paul Smyth - aged 23 ( ran Sunderland ragged live on Sky when playing for Accrington) loaned to Charlton.
    Kenneth Zohore - loaned to Millwall.
    Jack Marriott - Loaned to Wednesday.
    Macauley Bonne (24) moved from Charlton to QPR.
    If you wanted an extra body to throw on and mix things up - Leon Clarke scored for Shrewsbury yesterday - moved on a free.
    The biggest miss for me is Michael Jacobs, released by Wigan, now playing for Portsmouth and twice as good as any midfielder we've had for years.
    Mo Eisa - not started a game for Peterborough yet this season, scored 14 in 31 games last season.
    We're desperately short of numbers and options all over the pitch.
    I've been banging on about Leon Clarke to anyone who'd listen since January. We should have gone and taken him on loan then. Given him a shop window to win his next contract and hopefully have taken him ourselves. Previous comments also correct that we've never replaced Moore, he was massively underrated in my opinion. We got lucky on Saturday in terms of the penalty. If teams get 10 men behind the ball we're going to struggle to get any clear chances in these games. For me it's a poor transfer window overall considering the positive position we came into it in, both on the field and financially. Not good enough Dane!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast