+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 17.10.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Some people wonder why some fans have been reacting so negatively in the way they do. But these two defeats against Dover and Maidenhead have been against teams that are poor in comparison to our quality, passing and ability and expected to struggle this season.

If we were losing to the likes of Hartlepool and Stockport after a well fought and battled contest that would be more understandable.

When only one team goes up automatically you've got little margin for error. After three wins in a row we've crashed back down to earth today.
    Good post especially about the Stockport, Hartlepool point.

You go to bat for Ardley and the players (let's not forget it's them not being able to defend a ****ing set piece, why are players switching off again like Dover, are they special) and they use you up like a dirty old tissue. Not good enough Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Fair point. I keep hearing how important Michael Doyle is to the team and that his contribution isn't always appreciated, but surely the benefit of such an influential player should be seen most in games like Harrogate at Wembley and today against Maidenhead. He doesn't seem to have any effect. That's not to blame him for the losses any more than any other player, but I will call out the mythology we're sold about him.
    Drives me mad every time i hear it. Since being here, the team's he has captained have had one thing in common...failure.

He should have been released at the end of the season. We should not be building a team around a man who shall be 40 in August. Nor should he be playing every minute.

And why are we anxious at 2-1 up to Maidenhead at half time in an empty stadium???!!!! Who was there to put pressure on? Certainly not fans. I thought they recruited players with a mind on them having a strong mentality and being able to handle playing for Notts at this level. Bunch of pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You are quite easily the thickest fcuker I've never met in my life.
    I initially gave you a red for this but have changed it for a yellow on the condition that it's a one-off. Please don't.

Oh well nevermind I'm off to have a nice evening without thinking about Notts ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    And why are we anxious at 2-1 up to Maidenhead at half time in an empty stadium???!!!! Who was there to put pressure on? Certainly not fans. .
    Fans might have got that player sent off today. There'd have been loud chants of "OFF OFF OFF". Just goes to show how home advantage is neutralized when key moments like this decide a game.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I initially gave you a red for this but have changed it for a yellow on the condition that it's a one-off. Please don't.
    Like today's ref lol.

Absolutely no need. I will try and ignore next time

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    This is a huge problem I have with Ardley & I'd imagine it would piss the players off.

Say the ref bottled it (because she f*cking did) and tell the ref at the time, dont just give them a fist bump at the end and scurry away into the dressing room. Grow a pair of *******s and tell the ref they ****ed you!

Should we have won the game regardless? Yes ofcourse but put some pressure on refs otherwise you will continue to get these decisions go against you!
    well yes Ardley should definately use every oppurtunity to harrass the officails, plenty of managers have used this tactic to some success, example Cawley brothers did this regulary when at Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    well yes Ardley should definately use every oppurtunity to harrass the officails, plenty of managers have used this tactic to some success, example Cawley brothers did this regulary when at Lincoln
    Too busy with his hands in his pockets or arms folded daydreaming about how good we are playing tippy tappy football from the back

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Fans might have got that player sent off today. There'd have been loud chants of "OFF OFF OFF". Just goes to show how home advantage is neutralized when key moments like this decide a game.
    This is true utm, just a real disappointment all round. At least Knowles and Ruben scored I guess.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast