+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 17.10.20 [NL]

This had defeat written all over it once they equalised at 1-1 and realised we we struggling with crosses into the box. We flattered to deceive and never created enough in the final third.

I’ll take 9 points out of these five games if we can get a further 10 or 12 out of the next five games. That said, we looked lightweight today against a big, physical team, which is the biggest worry.

I do also think COVID is going to make a lottery of the season if a quarter of your match-day squad is ruled out. We missed Cal Roberts today, and also Wes Thomas. Looked like some tired players out there - including Reeves and Wootton: let’s hope they’re not the next to test positive.

Bottom line: If we’re serious about competing for the title, we can’t afford too many off-days or COVID-hit days against the lesser teams like today.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Looked like some tired players out there - including Reeves and Wootton: let’s hope they’re not the next to test positive.
    On face value, today was a very poor result and this is the only half-way legitimate excuse that could explain it. If it transpires that more players are on the verge of testing positive then it might explain the lethargy, but that possibility aside, we should still have had ample quality on the park to deal with Maidenhead. We've thrown away the excellent momentum we gained at Sutton, and if we keep slipping on these banana skins then those who bay for the manager's blood will only get louder.

We have only 4 players capable of heading the ball from defensive set pieces. That wont work and today Ruben was exposed like Enzio last season as unable to do that job and eventually after a number if scares in the first half they scored because Ruben couldnt head it. We are a team with 2 centre backs with a bunch if midgets around them. Only Wooton has the size to help and possibly McCrory. We will get done over and over from set pieces if we carry on like this. And the 3rd goal was a real mess for Lacey and Rawlinson. Turner has to play next week even on astro which is far from ideal for him and the team. 7 goals conceded so far this season 4 from set pieces. This has to be sorted quick

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Seriously where have you been? Illness? Poor internet connection? The Congo jungle?
    Hehe hi Laddo. That's cute of you to be concerned about me. No Rona here thankfully, but have been very busy with work.

Thought I'd pop on for a moan about the latest ineptitude though. I know how much you love it.

Excuse, excuse, moan, moan. It's not me, it's the players, the rona, the ref, should have been postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Excuse, excuse, moan, moan. It's not me, it's the players, the rona, the ref, should have been postponed.
    Actually that's not what he said. Charlie Slater gave him every opportunity to blame the virus or the ref but he didn't take it. He blamed two players for losing their man at a set-piece, but so he should.

This is not to defend Ardley or excuse today's result, which I don't, but your summary of what he said isn't what he said.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast