+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 17.10.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    People wonder why some fans have been reacting in the way they do, but these two defeats against Dover and Maidenhead have been against teams that are poor and expected to struggle this season.

If we were losing to the likes of Hartlepool and Stockport after a well fought and battled contest that would be more understandable.

When only one team goes up automatically you've got little margin for error. After three wins in a row we've crashed back down to earth today.
    Well that was sheite. Perhaps this team isn't as good as we thought they were?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Ardley: Not happy obviously, that team good enough to win a game of football, said about set pieces - player not doing his job, we become anxious, should have been out of sight in the first 30. Sending off? Not going to start picking holes (if Barrett should have gone). Not using Covid as an excuse.
    Again with the anxious.....where are all our 'leaders' when we actually need them?.. 2-1 up at home to Maidenhead..Anxious..my goodness

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Some people wonder why some fans have been reacting so negatively in the way they do. But these two defeats against Dover and Maidenhead have been against teams that are poor in comparison to our quality, passing and ability and expected to struggle this season.

If we were losing to the likes of Hartlepool and Stockport after a well fought and battled contest that would be more understandable.

When only one team goes up automatically you've got little margin for error. After three wins in a row we've crashed back down to earth today.
    That is what Ardley does, so we better get used to it

The bloke is a ****in tool. Can't wait till the day he is gone. Won't come soon enough. Will never have 100% confidence in him. Guaranteed to let you down
    Stags n Scunny maybe after new managers soon. Agent Ardley come on down
    Last edited by irishpete; 17-10-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    The bloke is a ****in tool. Can't wait till the day he is gone. Won't come soon enough. Will never have 100% confidence in him. Guaranteed to let you down
    Trouble is , he is not going anywhere at least to the end of the season. Ardley will do just enough to keep his job, without really challenging for the top position, we will probably reach the play offs, then fall apart defensively and lose agian. Hope there is a different outcome, but i doubt it ..

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Seriously where have you been? Illness? Poor internet connection? The Congo jungle?
    You are quite easily the thickest fcuker I've never met in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Sending off? Not going to start picking holes (if Barrett should have gone).
    This is a huge problem I have with Ardley & I'd imagine it would piss the players off.

Say the ref bottled it (because she f*cking did) and tell the ref at the time, dont just give them a fist bump at the end and scurry away into the dressing room. Grow a pair of *******s and tell the ref they ****ed you!

Should we have won the game regardless? Yes ofcourse but put some pressure on refs otherwise you will continue to get these decisions go against you!

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Again with the anxious.....where are all our 'leaders' when we actually need them?.. 2-1 up at home to Maidenhead..Anxious..my goodness
    Fair point. I keep hearing how important Michael Doyle is to the team and that his contribution isn't always appreciated, but surely the benefit of such an influential player should be seen most in games like Harrogate at Wembley and today against Maidenhead. He doesn't seem to have any effect. That's not to blame him for the losses any more than any other player, but I will call out the mythology we're sold about him.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You are quite easily the thickest fcuker I've never met in my life.
    Go on put down the rum for a second and what would make you say that from my post? Explain yourself man.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    This is a huge problem I have with Ardley & I'd imagine it would piss the players off.

Say the ref bottled it (because she f*cking did) and tell the ref at the time, dont just give them a fist bump at the end and scurry away into the dressing room. Grow a pair of *******s and tell the ref they ****ed you!

Should we have won the game regardless? Yes ofcourse but put some pressure on refs otherwise you will continue to get these decisions go against you!
    Nobody wants to offload in the direction of a woman but it's another example of the modern game becoming less and less passionate and more robotic. This is why I don't like having women officials in the men's game.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast