+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enzio Out

The chance Enzio had the chance today says it all about him, he's right-footed but took with his left despite having time to shift it.

There were a lot of players out there today worse than Enzio. Today's game was lost by poor defending and too many miscued passes in central mid field.

I don't know if he's unhappy at the club, or just got an attitude problem, but watch his reaction when Doyle comes to congratulate him for scoring against Barnet. (It's around 0.59 in the video) I'm surprised nobody has commented on this before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dL8OW_C0qM

There's a very good player in there somewhere but we see it far too infrequently.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    I don't know if he's unhappy at the club, or just got an attitude problem, but watch his reaction when Doyle comes to congratulate him for scoring against Barnet. (It's around 0.59 in the video) I'm surprised nobody has commented on this before.

There's a very good player in there somewhere but we see it far too infrequently.
    Interesting. Hadn't noticed that, but there's definitely some attitude going on there, as if he regarded that goal as an answer to critics within and outside the team. If so, Enzio, then I'm afraid it'll takes a lot more than a decent goal aided by somebody else's good set-up play. It's a start, but in this league you should be a 7 or 8 out of ten almost every week. And the reason critics single you out is because they believe you can be that player if you get your head right!
    Last edited by jackal2; 17-10-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post

The problem with Enzio is that it’s either worldies or nothing. We needed a big performance from him today given Jimmy Knowles’ inexperience. But we got nothing, again. He should be tearing defenders in this league apart, but he’s regressing. Isn’t he our longest serving player, too?

He'll be back...class act Enzio is, unlike some on here.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    He'll be back...class act Enzio is, unlike some on here.
    You are deluded. He is sh** week in week out. He will never be any use. Not because he isnt a good player, but because he cant be arsed. We would not sign him usi g the method the club uses now to assess players. Because he has no character nor desire.

He's a player I am looking forward to seeing the back of at the end of this season when we are still non league and need to trim the wage bill due to no parachute payments. I am hoping he's the second out of the door after the manager who has now had a lot of time to get it right and isn't. You might say its only 5 games, but If other teams who have made significant changes in close season i.e. Stockport and Hartlepool can not consistently embarrass themselves when playing relegation candidates they why are we? Enzio and Ardley bugger off!
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 17-10-2020 at 08:10 PM.

It seems there are two schools of thought here:

1. The navypie theory, that Enzio is sh!t and bone idle.

2. My theory that Enzio is a serious talent at this level, but is being inhibited by the way the manager asks him to play.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The problem with Enzio is that it’s either worldies or nothing. We needed a big performance from him today given Jimmy Knowles’ inexperience. But we got nothing, again. He should be tearing defenders in this league apart, but he’s regressing. Isn’t he our longest serving player, too?
    Yes Enzio is our longest serving player having signed for the club in July 2018. He is also the only player left at the club that was here before Neal Ardley.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast