+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Taking a knee?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Where did I say Rooney's Direby were the favourites ?.
    But along those lines though, the Championship is one of the best unpredictable league's. A damn sight better than the over rated and over paid Primadonnarship.
    I have just come across your post.
    You are quite right.
    The Premiership in England is the same as the Premier League in Scotland.
    In England the ‘big’ clubs who are bankrolled with huge amounts of money will always win the Premiership whilst the rest of the clubs will be trying to ensure that they are not relegated at the end of each season. Leicester City is the only exception. At least the Premiership in England has 20 teams.
    In Scotland Rangers and Celtic will always win the Premier League as they are bankrolled by rich supporters and by the beginning of October every season it is obvious that either Rangers or Celtic will win the Premier League.
    There are only 12 teams in the Premier League and until the football authorities in Scotland listen to the football supporters who want the number of teams in the Premier League to increase nothing will change.
    I agree that the Championship is exciting as at the beginning of each season every team in the league fancies their chances of promotion which is certainly not the case in the Premier League in Scotland where it is a case of ‘damage limitation’ to avoid relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Credit to the Millwall fans and any other fans as well, who voiced their disapproval this weekend by booing. I think we're going to see and hear a lot more of it as well because fans have simply had enough!.
    I was not surprised to see Millwall fans booing.
    I seem to remember reading on a previous topic on this board that if ‘taking the knee’ was still happening when Football fans were again allowed to attend football matches, fans throughout the UK would soon let the authorities know what they thought of players still being forced to ‘take the knee’.
    I thought that when the football clubs held their ‘Kick racism out’ weekend earlier this season that would be the end of ‘taking the knee’ before football matches throughout the U.K.
    I blame the ‘snowflake’ generation for this problem as they want to re-write history to suit their own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have just come across your post.
    You are quite right.
    The Premiership in England is the same as the Premier League in Scotland.
    In England the ‘big’ clubs who are bankrolled with huge amounts of money will always win the Premiership whilst the rest of the clubs will be trying to ensure that they are not relegated at the end of each season. Leicester City is the only exception. At least the Premiership in England has 20 teams.
    In Scotland Rangers and Celtic will always win the Premier League as they are bankrolled by rich supporters and by the beginning of October every season it is obvious that either Rangers or Celtic will win the Premier League.
    There are only 12 teams in the Premier League and until the football authorities in Scotland listen to the football supporters who want the number of teams in the Premier League to increase nothing will change.
    I agree that the Championship is exciting as at the beginning of each season every team in the league fancies their chances of promotion which is certainly not the case in the Premier League in Scotland where it is a case of ‘damage limitation’ to avoid relegation.
    It's great to see. West ham fans did the same.

Millwall FC have now rejected the knee as les Ferdinand (these people don't represent me) and qpr have done all season.

A criminal junkie getting killed by a policeman thousands of miles away has nothing to do with championship football in England.

Marxism has always been rejected, no one wants it apart from the brain dead non thinkers.

Great to see England fighting back unlike the bowed and broken country we live in.....at the moment.😁

I think there is a fight back. Alex Salmond Joanna Cherry and Kenny MacAskill seem to me to be working against the cult of Nicola.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think there is a fight back. Alex Salmond Joanna Cherry and Kenny MacAskill seem to me to be working against the cult of Nicola.
    Apparently Alex Salmond warned Nicola when she took over as leader of the SNP that it was a bad move having her husband as Chief Executive of the SNP.
    However she did not take his advice and now the knives are out.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Apparently Alex Salmond warned Nicola when she took over as leader of the SNP that it was a bad move having her husband as Chief Executive of the SNP.
    However she did not take his advice and now the knives are out.
    He is being proven to be a liar, same as her, said he didn’t do WhatsApp, proven to have used it last month, how much longer until they’re all exposed

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I don't think that's quite the fightback britnats are talking about, they're letting themselves believe george 'lick my paws' galloway is leading a new wave of british think. Muppets

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I don't think that's quite the fightback britnats are talking about, they're letting themselves believe george 'lick my paws' galloway is leading a new wave of british think. Muppets
    Maybe you have misunderstood my thinking. I think the row about the Salmond case has prompted respectable members of the SNP to review the way their party has been run. Their conclusion is that Nicola and her husband have ignored their duty and have lost the plot. She says it was party business therefore no need for minutes and proper records. Matter closed in her mind. The committee is a committee of Holyrood not the SNP. Further investigation by the committee and her husband who as chief executive of the SNP should most certainly involved in any discussion about Salmond as an internal party matter, contradicts Nicola and says he was not involved because it was a government matter. If Nicola's version is the truth then her husband should have been involved. If her husband's version is the truth then as it was a government issue minutes and records of actions should have been taken.
    It is really serious and that's why I think there is a genuine fight back against the couple who run the government and the SNP. Salmond could easily continue to prosecute his point that he was the victim of a conspiracy which was illegal.
    It can't be right that politicians can do what the want to defend themselves or their party.
    I have the same distrust of Westminster politics and the EU are equally devious. A plague on all their houses.

Nicola Sturgeon has been done up like a kipper by the british establishment, no doubt about it.

But it's distracting the masses from no-deal Brexit so job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Nicola Sturgeon has been done up like a kipper by the british establishment, no doubt about it.

But it's distracting the masses from no-deal Brexit so job done.
    Agree that without covid we would be discussing Brexit a lot more. Just as a matter of interest if tariffs are applied who gets the money. Might it be a cash raising tax for Britain? If we buy more from Europe than they buy from us maybe the tariffs will generate more tax. We as consumers will obviously have to pay more but everyone says taxes will need to rise.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)