+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Valerian Ismael new head coach

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Appreciate your opinion Acido. It’s the foreign bit I don’t get, do you think that’s anything at all to do with why they left. They didn’t leave because they wanted to go back to their homeland. Where they came from was nothing to do with it. To be honest 1-2 years is about the average time in the job nowadays.
    No Esr I know that, its just the lack of knowledge and experience of managing or coaching in England that bugs me. Yes of course its a big gamble whoever we hire, but it annoys me to think there might be better options closer to home but these owners have shown how little they care about our opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    No Esr I know that, its just the lack of knowledge and experience of managing or coaching in England that bugs me. Yes of course its a big gamble whoever we hire, but it annoys me to think there might be better options closer to home but these owners have shown how little they care about our opinions.
    Acido , when the players are recruited to play a certain way , the high press , don't you think it makes sense to hire a coach who plays that way ? .

What's the point in hiring Big Daz from Donny who plays a different way , wouldn't that just make things more difficult .

Yeh he's english and knows the league but what good is that with players who don't fit his style of play .

The high press is cemented within the club because it's effective , it got us out of league one and kept us in the championship last season , why would you change that ? .

It's not without flaws don't get me wrong mind .

I realise that new coaches might want to make changes to staff and players and styles & formations etc, and I agree we can't afford to be going through all that again and again.
    So ok, in this case lets hope stability and not making wholesale changes will prove to be important.

The high press failed under Morais

The high press worked in the Third Division because of the generally poor quality of opposition we played

The high press failed under Struber. It was dull to watch in most games and we only escaped relegation with a freak combination of events

Once again the high press is failing this season. I hope we are not condemned to this system forever.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    If Conway (arseoyle) appointed Macca and said to him you decide on recruitment, paid what they have welched on in buying the club, provided free school meals this heyf term and ovva Christmas to those in the Barnsley area and then sold up and left, I would stand with them.
    Well that's wun darn. Took my advice from three days back. Hats off to BFC for providing free meals fo kids this heyf term announced today.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 26-10-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Aye but missed a number from phone number.
    01226 21133?

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    Aye but missed a number from phone number.
    01226 21133?
    i got through on 10th time of trying....

Animal it’s clear it’s time to change tack? SB is right the high press hasn’t really worked for us and is failing us again this season!
    Is it because the players we can afford are from the bargain basement and just aren’t up to it? I think so!
    It works at Liverpool and Man City because of the calibre of players they can bring in and the time they have to use it during play in the Premier League!
    We have a board that puts profit before all else, so they are only willing to bring in younger players (mainly) so they can flog them if they do well, so there will never be any stability in the team or club.
    The Managers they bring in follow the same path because if they change tack they know a Manager wanting to play a different way would mean a change in team personnel, which would lead to them having to shell out a few bob! So rather than do that we continue down the same
    path with sub standard players and Managers that continue to fail to deliver!
    Remember: Our Town>Our Club>Our Team NOT ANYMORE its Our Town>Their Club>Their Team and sod you all........

Dunt get too hung up abarrtit , weer all aware wot this lot are doing / or not doing , Cheins / Crynes who owes wat weers money gone , ground wranglings , am not interested , I hate wats happenin to our club, it's just one complete joke ,
    a feel a desmond dekka song imminent ,
    The Ismaelites , get behind teeum n Val , fkc the board and it's behaviour ,
    Arr Club Arr Tarn arr Community ,

Just sin Valerien on look north very briefly. Speyks very good English, better English than Struber ennyrooard. Freiser laiked under him at LASK and sez he likes high press and players ev to be 100%fit. Towd Herbie Kane might ev to shed a few pounds then

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast