+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Nowt really to do with the Crynes nar Animal. This lot have been here three years and have had time to change things if they had wanted to show ambition. It's like Boris blaming Labour during the recent election for present economic problems.
    Well it is if you adopt a position of no ambition because of the present owners .

Cryne as a less wealthy man still had opportunities to cement us at this level and chose not to .

The present owners are more wealthy but also choose not to .

The point I'm trying to make is that nowts really changed but tha could point the finger more at Cryne in my opinion because twice he had a good coach and a workable team at this level where as the present owners have yet to have a good championship season behind them .

Tha could have just as easily not bothered renewing thi season ticket under Cryne as now SB because it's just the same as it ever was .

Not trying to fall out by the way I'm just saying as I see it .

There's nowt under Cryne's ownership that would have this club any further forrad than it is today .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 24-10-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Arr think will bi reyt missen , accun feel it in mi agua ageeun , like last seerson a sed wi wunt gu darn smook that !!
    We gorraway wi it big time last season. A freak lucky combination of events.

Val can't expect the same ageean.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well it is if you adopt a position of no ambition because of the present owners .

Cryne as a less wealthy man still had opportunities to cement us at this level and chose not to .

The present owners are more wealthy but also choose not to .

The point I'm trying to make is that nowts really changed but tha could point the finger more at Cryne in my opinion because twice he had a good coach and a workable team at this level where as the present owners have yet to have a good championship season behind them .

Tha could have just as easily not bothered renewing thi season ticket under Cryne as now SB because it's just the same as it ever was .

Not trying to fall out by the way I'm just saying as I see it .

There's nowt under Cryne's ownership that would have this club any further forrad than it is today .
    Thaz said it in thi third paragraph Animal abart choices.
    Wivved the Cryne -v - Conway (arseoyle) debate a hundred times.
    It's not relevant now.

What does it matter now what Cryne did or didn't do years ago ?

The policies of the present owners are all that matter.

Thaz said it in thi third paragraph Animal abart choices.
    Wivved the Cryne -v - Conway (arseoyle) debate a hundred times.
    It's not relevant now.

What does it matter now what Cryne did or didn't do years ago ?

The policies of the present owners are all that matter.
    Well ok other than the fact the Cryne's introduced the model which was clearly a factor in the present owners buying the club and have carried on with it .

There's also the matter of 20% of the club and Oakwell Holdings still under Cryne family control and James still bashing on his computer keyboard highlighting players to recruit .

Other than that it's a clean break !!! .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Arr think will bi reyt missen , accun feel it in mi agua ageeun , like last seerson a sed wi wunt gu darn smook that !!
    Roma , if this club goes down this season with the championship as poor as it is it would make this lot the worst championship team in our history .

Which it isn't by any means despite many flaws in it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well ok other than the fact the Cryne's introduced the model which was clearly a factor in the present owners buying the club and have carried on with it .

There's also the matter of 20% of the club and Oakwell Holdings still under Cryne family control and James still bashing on his computer keyboard highlighting players to recruit .

Other than that it's a clean break !!! .
    Tha knows Billy Beane brought in his own Recruitment Spreadsheet System irrespective of what was here at the time and that superceded whatever was here at the time.

These cowboys evvant even paid for what they owe for buying the club and evvto be tekken to Cooart to gerrowt art 'em. I am delighted the cowboys can't get their hands on Oakwell and it is protected as a place for playing football. The cowboys would even take fans away from Oakwell to watch ooam games as a negotiating tactic.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-10-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Tha knows Billy Beane brought in his own Recruitment Spreadsheet System irrespective of what was here at the time and that superceded whatever was here at the time.

These cowboys evvant even paid for what they owe for buying the club and evvto be tekken to Cooart to gerrowt art 'em. I am delighted the cowboys can't get their hands on Oakwell and it is protected as a place for playing football. The cowboys would even take fans away from Oakwell to watch ooam games as a negotiating tactic.
    As I understand the deal SB,the Crynes agreed to sell their 50% of the ground ownership & if the Chien mob had paid up they would now own 50% of the ground jointly with BMBC
    Am I wrong?

Well we don't know all of the facts surrounding the Oakwell Holdings deal .

There's plenty of shadow boxing going on from the owners no doubt and it's not a great look and reflects poorly on them .

Taking the club away from the town reduces their chances of returning anything like a profit on their investment and that's if they can come up with the evidence that the EFL require to sanction it , unlikely but it does the owners no favours what so ever .

I don't like em myself SB but as I keep repeating there's nothing going on here that's we haven't seen before .

It could be 2006 again for what difference it makes with Spud promising us box office signings that never materialise .

Spud could stand up and tells us he didn't realise how good John Stones was in a forum .

We could miss out on Kieron Trippier , Charlie Adam because we weren't prepared to spend the extra £200k .

We could just as easily not keep Jason Shackell here today either or Adam Hammill and get feck all back in transfer fees .

Nowts changed mi owd other than the ownership are probably people you wouldn't want to go out for a pint with and Cryne possibly was .

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Decent line up.
    But Mowatt wouldn’t be in my starting 11.
    Would like to see Palmer and Kane before Mowatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    As I understand the deal SB,the Crynes agreed to sell their 50% of the ground ownership & if the Chien mob had paid up they would now own 50% of the ground jointly with BMBC
    Am I wrong?
    Not quite Exile , there was a reduction in the original purchase price of the club at some stage which seems to be the crux of the dispute .

Purely speculation on my part but this seems to have its roots when we were relegated the last time to league one .

The club when Stendel was hired seemed on reflection to be well funded , there was no fire sales to compensate for the loss of £7m of tv revenue .

Bradshaw was sold to Millwall for £1.2m but we recruited Woodrow for £1.1m , Styles for £500k and Dougall for £300k minus the tv revenue .

This in my opinion is where the reduction in the original purchase price of the club changed and where it's broken down since .

This is why I believe Potts was sold in the January because at that stage we weren't guaranteed to get promoted by any means and the owners shyte themselves .

Just my opinion exile .

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast