+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: aucks.. how could you?

aucks.. how could you?

find positives against swansea? it was bloody awful. my folks wanted to turn it off well before the end of the game. they are normally very positive even in defeat.

His "bar" is set far lower than anyone else's and, as he admits, he lacks passion. The club and matches don't matter that much to him.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    His "bar" is set far lower than anyone else's and, as he admits, he lacks passion. The club and matches don't matter that much to him.
    I was going to say that. Most Rovers fans I know, and I am sure I speak for almost everyone on here. We just want Rovers to do well. Its that simple.
    I am 44. I have spent the majority of my footballing life watching Rovers play in the 2nd division. When I haven't been doing that, I have watched Bury play in the 4th and 3rd. When I wasn't doing that I was watching Barrow play in the non league.
    I will have seen the team I care about lose way way more teams than win.
    Its normally been on a wet Sat away at Hereford or Doncaster or Torquay.
    I am no elitist fan. I just want to watch a game of football. And see my team play well and do ok.
    Like most fans.

Like most fans, I dont want to see my team lose most weeks.

One person I have every come across who does not care either way of they win or lose is Aucks.
    I have never come acorss anyone so placid when t comes to football.
    He would admittedly not be bothered one bit if Rovers finished 4th from bottom and stayed up on GD this season.

There is the major difference.

If we won tonight, not onbe person I know would be overjoyed. Or dreaming of going up.
    That ship sailed weeks ago. Months ago.

You invest a load of money, time and passion into something, of course you want them to do well.
    It would be odd not to.

with all this covid business, football has taken on a greater significance in my life. its somehting i can really look forward to. i am even stupidly looking forward to this evenings game. if things go as they have been mostly this season, im gonna be on a real low by 9.45pm tonight..

as you say, aucks doesnt feel that. then again, he lives in auckland, not dreary blackburn..!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    with all this covid business, football has taken on a greater significance in my life. its somehting i can really look forward to. i am even stupidly looking forward to this evenings game. if things go as they have been mostly this season, im gonna be on a real low by 9.45pm tonight..

as you say, aucks doesnt feel that. then again, he lives in auckland, not dreary blackburn..!
    Not too sure he would feel anything if he lived down the road from the ground. I have never come across anyone who cares little either way if their team is ****e.
    I would find otrher passions if I lived in Auckland, such a fantastic place.
    The last thing on my mind would be Tony Fkng Mowbray the dour sod

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post

Same mate. All I do is work from a small room in my own house. I rarely go out. Hardly see anyone, live alone.
    I work very long hours, and my only real thing to get me away from work is football.

Maybe if Aucks was living in this country, with the current ****e weather. Heading into another lockdown. Watching the government make mess after mess after mess. The whole country is in a huge mess. One we probably wont recover from.

And he is wondering why everyone is feeling so down?
    Read an English newspaper. Get real.

Life over this side of the world is pretty tough. I am majorly concerned about my job. My mortgage, my Mum.
    I havent seen my friends or family in onths.
    And like millions of other Brits, I have struggled with my mental health during what is a tough time.

And I am reading some guy in frigging New Zealand asking us if its the end of the world?

Walk a mile in our shoes right now pal, and see if you like it.

The English Game on Netflix is well worth watching and, as recent comments on here show, little has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    The English Game on Netflix is well worth watching and, as recent comments on here show, little has changed.
    I was wondering that. Sorry but are we seriously been asked why we are all feeling so fkn fed up living here?
    A dose of reality is needed here.
    Life is bloody tough. Especially if you happen to reside in the north of England.

Doom & gloom?
    I'll tell you a story about my best friends mother who is dying in hospital at the moment in the worse stages of Alziemhers.
    She also has Covid and is unable to be visited by her family to say goodbye.
    She will die alone and in pain.
    You want to know about doom & gloom?
    Come and visit your homeland you are clearly out of touch.
    Infact don't, its far too dangerous and you will be risking your life.

Sory to sound harsh, but try living over here in this harsh worldwe now find ourselves.

I didnt ask for any of this. And I meant to apologise for not enjoying the only thing that gave me a bit of enjoyment.

Just checked in and blimey😳
    Don’t hold back guys🤔
    I’m as seriously peed off with all of this as the next man, be sure of that.
    So footie and it’s prospects are fairly low on my concerns (sorry Champs).
    I have been voicing my concerns to my family now going on for some 8 or 9 months now. But even the declining situ is surpassing all of my expressed fears.
    Where to start, how many threats, the ability of the people in power etc etc
    Johnson, Trump, Macron the list is endless it seems.
    I can readily say in all of my years I have never experienced it so bad and daunting.
    My fears are not for me, it’s for next generation in where this is potentially heading.
    Globally is bad, in UK and up North magnifies it.
    It’s a scary world we reside in and getting even more so week by week month by month!

To be fair to Aucks he has already stated, with regard to just one of threats Covid, that he acknowledges he’s fortunate to reside in a relatively isolated location.
    He certainly has empathy for folk who are less fortunate in locale terms.
    As for his ‘demeanour’ towards win, lose or draw outcomes, for me it’s comes with age really. Whereas my w’ends could be spoilt by such, goin back many decades . Nowadays it’s pretty much mmm maybe that was winnable , but let’s move on.
    Only need to turn news on to be reminded of the important things in life.
    Last edited by Despair; 03-11-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)