+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: St Midden

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I've been critical of him but McMullan did make a difference when he came on.
    Agree TTT. Might have been that he wanted to prove a point to the manager that he could cause a wee bit damage rather than follow pre-match instructions.

Whatever it was, he certainly proved he is worth a go when required. Maybe asking him to get behind the ball and close players down for 90 minutes doesn't work for him.

He did make a difference though (as far as I could see)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Another 4 points and we're safe.......I'm sure 21 points saved the FUN a few seasons ago
    Name:  du.JPG
Views: 673
Size:  24.1 KB

We seem to be safe according to the BBC

100% Get rid of Melon before Shankland. Game management and tactics are pish, Melon is the issue, not Shankland. Eye bleeding stuff as per. League position is papering over some huge cracks. We are brutal 💩

I didnt see that tonight, and i am just about to see the highlights, but i have to ask are we being too cautious against teams that we really should be trying to put away. Surely with the events of the previous weeks, St Mirren were there for the taking and we should have set up to destroy them!

Quote Originally Posted by United4life94 View Post
    100% Get rid of Melon before Shankland. Game management and tactics are pish, Melon is the issue, not Shankland. Eye bleeding stuff as per. League position is papering over some huge cracks. We are brutal 💩

Just silliness to discuss getting rid of manager even if I am undecided on him at the moment

It's looking like the tactics are to sit in going by the stats recently, we can't be that bad and that lucky

it's brutal but if we keep picking up pts then it will have to do for now

Quote Originally Posted by chick a saw View Post
    i didnt see that tonight, and i am just about to see the highlights, but i have to ask are we being too cautious against teams that we really should be trying to put away. Surely with the events of the previous weeks, st mirren were there for the taking and we should have set up to destroy them!
    ^^^^^^^^*
    this!!

We are in 5th on our first season after promotion

Add to that new manager just before start of season

Add to that not being able to sign players due to covid.

It is a worry that Shanks must be rightly p*ed off at the complete lack of any service.

Maybe Mcmullan can provide more than Pawlett and MCNulty should get a run now instead of Clark

Mellon does deserve credit for where we are in league - the football can improve once we get ourselves established in the league.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and a lot of work to do

So wasteful in possession - no composure with the ball. Defending was ok tonight thought they did well. Think for all the lack of service shankland is getting which is true. He is poor with the ball. He loses possession easily and his passing is poor - but we should putting him where he makes a difference.

Thought powers and McMullen made a difference but not hugely.

Why if Fuchs is supposed to be a international footballer with pedigree is MM not giving him ever opportunity to get minutes and get fit. Surely you would want a player like that fit and available to pick

Desperate for wingers. And some composure in midfield.

Bolton was anonymous

Liam smith is solid.

Just a comment on Harkes. Twice within a couple of minutes he had the ball and both times played it to the side. He contributes nothing in an attacking sense. Can’t recall ever seeing him in the opposition box.
    And then when defending a St Mirren free kick hes f***ing about with his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Just a comment on Harkes. Twice within a couple of minutes he had the ball and both times played it to the side. He contributes nothing in an attacking sense. Can’t recall ever seeing him in the opposition box.
    And then when defending a St Mirren free kick hes f***ing about with his hair.
    I'm not sure it's right to be too critical of Harkes creativity. Bigger targets on that front last night (and, for the most part, quite a while now) Pawlett and Bolton. These two are meant to be providing the creative spark but are contributing nothing on that front.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)