+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ipswich

Incredible that the goal stood. There have to be 2 players between you and the goal, normally the goalie and one other. In this case there was barely one. It seemed to be going in anyway so wtf did Raggett touch it for? As others have pointed out, we were also really lucky with two deflected goals, Mnoga could have been shown red and Nicolaisen blatantly pulled their guy’s shirt for another pen. Let’s have that ref every week.

It as very similar to the Leicester goal in the play off at fratton, that one went against us this one for us - it happens. Raggetino had to go for it as the guy on the line may have hacked it clear, if so Rags would be getting a right slagging from the usual suspects.

The ref was abysmal throughout, another ref might have issued 2 or 3 red cards and a lot more yellows.

Now the Danish guy, who many have accepted as brilliant without even seeing him play cost us the equaliser.

A wild hoof upfield picking out one of their players in acres of space , he then failed to get back into position leaving only Rags back with their player running and players breaking for him - 2-2.

The dane seems to like jacketball and made several hoof it clearances . This one should have gone into touch to give the defence time to reorganise.

Main thing is we are through and with a good chance of more TV money to boost the coffers, hawks or Pboro would be certs for TV I reckon.

All sounds a bit fortuitous. Seems reminiscent of another cup campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide View Post
    It as very similar to the Leicester goal in the play off at fratton, that one went against us this one for us - it happens. Raggetino had to go for it as the guy on the line may have hacked it clear, if so Rags would be getting a right slagging from the usual suspects.

The ref was abysmal throughout, another ref might have issued 2 or 3 red cards and a lot more yellows.

Now the Danish guy, who many have accepted as brilliant without even seeing him play cost us the equaliser.

A wild hoof upfield picking out one of their players in acres of space , he then failed to get back into position leaving only Rags back with their player running and players breaking for him - 2-2.

The dane seems to like jacketball and made several hoof it clearances . This one should have gone into touch to give the defence time to reorganise.

Main thing is we are through and with a good chance of more TV money to boost the coffers, hawks or Pboro would be certs for TV I reckon.
    You might like to check that again Sui. No way was that guy gonna clear it. He was a yard and a half behind Raggett and Raggett touched it in from less than a foot. He looked straight over at the lino, and even said himself he realised he shouldn't have touched it. Offside by a mile, not even 1 player between him and the goal, let alone the two the rules requĦre. See definition below:
    According to the FIFA rulebook, a player is in an offside position if: He is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent. A violation will occur when he is in an offside position at the same time the ball is being passed forward to him.

The playoff offside of course was far more damaging

Just a few thoughts about my take on Saturday.

If there was any doubt about the Eisners priorities it's making a few bob out of the cups and to hell with promotion. The team selection was so daft playing everyone from the hard midweek away game I can only assume Jackett has been told what to do. A great opportunity to give game time to a few of the second-choicers blown and rest some key players. Now we have a couple of key injuries which hopefully are nothing too bad but unnecessary all the same. Cannon looked exhausted when he came off.

As to the game it was the usual impressive first half and falling away in the second. What I was really impressed with was the extra time performance after quite a few of the lads looked totally out on their feet in the second half of normal time. Shade lucky to win in the end I against predominately Ipswich Reserves who made 9 changes from their game against Sunderland.

I don't understand playing Williams as the second striker (which he is not) instead of Harness who was very impressive again and could have won it when he was finally moved up front and hit the post. Mnoga looks a really exciting prospect. Perhaps he should have started.

Well done! I love the FA Cup however I love promotion more.

I’m quite happy with either, a gong is a gong.

Scummers would take anything!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)