+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Good on you for finding that out. I honestly thought Goodwin would romp this competition (who’s the top manager…him or Ross) but I have my doubts. Not much between them as both are useless.
    Good luck to Jim Goodwin though.
    Truth be told, I didn't really want either. If you're going to uncover someone who is something special it can't be anyone with a proven track record, especially a middling to good one. You need to find untapped talent. The Norwegian bloke would have been a great appointment, but I think it's fantasy to suggest he'd have come here after it became obvious he had real talent. We need to find these managers before they are on the radar. How does a chairman/owner do that? Probably more luck than judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Truth be told, I didn't really want either. If you're going to uncover someone who is something special it can't be anyone with a proven track record, especially a middling to good one. You need to find untapped talent. The Norwegian bloke would have been a great appointment, but I think it's fantasy to suggest he'd have come here after it became obvious he had real talent. We need to find these managers before they are on the radar. How does a chairman/owner do that? Probably more luck than judgement.
    Yes, I agree with that as such. We wouldn’t get Knutsen because we will no doubt both have a different vision of how we go about our business and we wouldn’t be ambitious enough for him. We could though try and source an outstanding manager who has started somewhere lowly but is more than making a name for themselves. It would obviously need to be a far search but currently we employed the chairman’s pal and now a bottom 6 team’s manager. That can hardly be described as pushing the boat out looking for a search. It’s a sad thing to say, but we don’t even conduct ourselves as a football club to become successful.

Etc, etc...

Why was he wearing Graham Payne’s 1978 British Home Stores jacket in the Plastics’ dugout today?

I thought Funso Ojo was playing for St Paisley today by the way the 29 fans left behind the goal rushed to the front in extra time. It turns out that they were getting the **** out of there. They may be learning…

Can’t remember the exact words, but I recall from the mid to late 70’s hearing a commentator on BBC Scotland saying that it would only take two policemen with a large net to control the Dundee United ‘support’.

Supposedly lost the dressing room already and referred to as the ASOS Ancelotti by his players.

Seemingly, Jdross and ****t don’t see eye to eye and the latter squared up to the former after their European embarrassment, calling him the ASAS Ancelotti … some, though, doubt if Watt has the intelligence to be so humorous!? Either way, DUFC look an absolute shambles just now. Did anyone hear Barron say “Jesus” on Hesgoal yesterday afternoon when McLean announced the 3-0 score line?��

So far ... (v Smurn)

points .... AFC 3 - Joot 0
    goals .... AFC +3 - Joot -3

.... next ...

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Joots next 3 fixtures are v St Mirren, Motherwell and Celtic.... the 3 we have played so far .... might be a good indicator for ye
    So far ... (v Smurn)

points .... AFC 3 - Joot 0
    goals .... AFC +3 - Joot -3

.... next ...

Bump

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast