+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v PNE

TEAM v
    @pnefc
    | Johansson; Olosunde, Ihiekwe, Wood, Harding; Wiles, Lindsay, Barlaser, Sadlier; Vassell; Ladapo.

SUBS | Vickers, A.MacDonald, Crooks, Jozefzoon, Miller, Hirst, Smith. Big, brave and bold but it needed doing looking at performances of late. Well done Warne and let's hope the lads deliver for you.

We always play better with Cap't Wood in the back four. Slow? of course he is, he's 35 but, it's not all about speed if he doesn't play too high up the pitch. It's about reading the game and a ball, speed is not always required.

Ihiekwe always plays a more level headed game with Wood as he's getting instructions from him. Good to Olosunde given a start, don't know why this lad has been held back? He's strong, defensive and reliable and, if called upon, can bomb on up the wing.

No fast wing players, however, Wiles has pace and Sadlier has guile and an eye to shoot from any opportunity and this is what we need. I know Sadlier is not a natural wing player and this may bite us on the bum but, you have to admire Warne attempting something completely different.

Glad to see Vassell get a start as both Smith/Hirst have had their run but delivered nothing to date. Vassell needs to make his point and show Warne why he needs to start him every game. If he doesn't do anything worthy, then he only has himself to blame.

Let's view it all positively for now and see what happens. Good luck to Warne and his team, BOY DO WE NEED IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    TEAM v
    @pnefc
    | Johansson; Olosunde, Ihiekwe, Wood, Harding; Wiles, Lindsay, Barlaser, Sadlier; Vassell; Ladapo.

SUBS | Vickers, A.MacDonald, Crooks, Jozefzoon, Miller, Hirst, Smith. Big, brave and bold but it needed doing looking at performances of late. Well done Warne and let's hope the lads deliver for you.

We always play better with Cap't Wood in the back four. Slow? of course he is, he's 35 but, it's not all about speed if he doesn't play too high up the pitch. It's about reading the game and a ball, speed is not always required.

Ihiekwe always plays a more level headed game with Wood as he's getting instructions from him. Good to Olosunde given a start, don't know why this lad has been held back? He's strong, defensive and reliable and, if called upon, can bomb on up the wing.

No fast wing players, however, Wiles has pace and Sadlier has guile and an eye to shoot from any opportunity and this is what we need. I know Sadlier is not a natural wing player and this may bite us on the bum but, you have to admire Warne attempting something completely different.

Glad to see Vassell get a start as both Smith/Hirst have had their run but delivered nothing to date. Vassell needs to make his point and show Warne why he needs to start him every game. If he doesn't do anything worthy, then he only has himself to blame.

Let's view it all positively for now and see what happens. Good luck to Warne and his team, BOY DO WE NEED IT.
    Brin has Hirst started a game or has it just been 20 min cameo's when were behind and struggling ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    TEAM v
    @pnefc

Not sure Hirst has had a run yet.

Always thought out of all our striker combos last year Ladapo and Vassell was our best they seem to have a good understanding with each other however this is a higher league and it looks like a front 3 with Sadlier

2-1 Millers.

Who gets to take a penalty if we get one? Sadler or Barlaser?

Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller View Post
    Brin has Hirst started a game or has it just been 20 min cameo's when were behind and struggling ?

Started against Brum and Huddersfield. sub 5 times.
    We weren't struggling against Wednesday when he came on.
    I retain high hopes for the lad. I'm hoping that once (if?) he does score the confidence will kick start his season.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Who gets to take a penalty if we get one? Sadler or Barlaser?
    Barlaser surely

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Started against Brum and Huddersfield. sub 5 times.
    We weren't struggling against Wednesday when he came on.
    I retain high hopes for the lad. I'm hoping that once (if?) he does score the confidence will kick start his season.
    Thanks wrinkly. I dont think anyone struggled against Wednesday
    My point was has Hirst been given a proper go playing with a partner not as a lone striker with zero to feed off ?

Morning Frog'n'all. Good luck to this newly constituted squad. Think they're going to need a good dollop of it...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast