+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offside nonsense

Offside nonsense

Bamford given offside for pointing where he wanted the ball. Crazy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54855596

There has been total nonsense been going on since VAR was introduced, they are pathetic, if it was used properly it would be O.K. in Rugby it is used well, but those who govern our Football clearly are inept, time they cleared their desks and offices and let folk in with some sence.

Correct decision since they revamped the handball interpretation a few weeks ago.
    VAR is always 100% correct which is what those ruining the game want.
    In any other English league this would not have been ruled as offside because it was too tight to call, however, because they use VAR in the PL in their quest to have a 100% perfect game of football you will always have stupid things like this.
    Just as in the Everton game, the AR did not flag for an offside, which is what they have been told, let play go on and Digne was injured in the next stage of play by Maguire who put in a tackle which took the ball but which was reckless. Decison was offside, in fact, it was so clearly offside that it was ridiculous that the ARs have been told not to flag. In any other English league the flag would have gone up, referee blown his whistle, and the ball would not even have been crossed and Maguire would not have made the tackle.

The game is going to the dogs very quickly. Mind you I have just heard that FIFA are developing something which will tell the VAR that a player is offside without the long wait --they reckon that it will be used within the next two years ---I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Correct decision since they revamped the handball interpretation a few weeks ago.
    In any other English league this would not have been ruled as offside because it was too tight to call, however, because they use VAR in the PL in their quest to have a 100% perfect game of football you will always have stupid things like this.
    Just as in the Everton game, the AR did not flag for an offside, which is what they have been told, let play go on and Digne was injured in the next stage of play by Maguire who put in a tackle which took the ball but which was reckless. Decison was offside, in fact, it was so clearly offside that it was ridiculous that the ARs have been told not to flag. In any other English league the flag would have gone up, referee blown his whistle, and the ball would not even have been crossed and Maguire would not have made the tackle.

The game is going to the dogs very quickly. Mind you I have just heard that FIFA are developing something which will tell the VAR that a player is offside without the long wait --they reckon that it will be used within the next two years ---I can't wait!
    Its called a competent linesman

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Its called a competent linesman
    I've not seen many of that particular species in nearly 60 years of watching and playing the game blueheeler1!

QUOTE=Supersub6;39618474]Correct decision since they revamped the handball interpretation a few weeks ago.
    [/QUOTE]

Can’t agree on this, his body is clearly onside and the position of his armpit is a nonsense and open to error of interpretation on when the ball was played and camera angles. The law and use of VAR for these is a nonsense and denies fans and players goals the game depends on and denies giving the attacker the benefit of doubt

The Maguire incident was rather different and a separate issue where I do agree. If the Lino sees a clear offside he should call it. VAR should be a helper for the ref not the dictator of hairsplitting decisions to him..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've not seen many of that particular species in nearly 60 years of watching and playing the game blueheeler1!
    I've always had some sympathy for liners, with offside they have an almost impossible job, they have to watch the player passing the ball and at exactly the same time look along the line to see if any players are in an offside position. It's a physical impossibility to be looking in two different directions at the same time, so inevitably they get some wrong. In fact I've often thought it's incredible they get so many right.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I've always had some sympathy for liners, with offside they have an almost impossible job, they have to watch the player passing the ball and at exactly the same time look along the line to see if any players are in an offside position. It's a physical impossibility to be looking in two different directions at the same time, so inevitably they get some wrong. In fact I've often thought it's incredible they get so many right.
    Without VAR ----98% of decisions were correct, in spite of what fans might think. You use your peripheral vision, your ears and, to a certain extent your instinct, and you make well over 500 decisions per game and you do make the odd mistake, just as players do, however, you just get on with it at whatever level until you reach the top level and then all that goes out of the back door because another two people sat in a box miles away can over-rule some of your decisions.

If we want to remove all mistakes from a match then we could simply replace all human beings from the process and use FIFA 20 instead.

I have often wondered that, if no players ever made a mistake, then what would the score be? The attackers would never miss a chance...but the defenders would always clear the danger and the goalie would always be perfectly positioned and never beaten.

Would this always result in a 0-0 draw or a very high scoring game?

It's harder to analyse than the meaning of life.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    If we want to remove all mistakes from a match then we could simply replace all human beings from the process and use FIFA 20 instead.

I have often wondered that, if no players ever made a mistake, then what would the score be? The attackers would never miss a chance...but the defenders would always clear the danger and the goalie would always be perfectly positioned and never beaten.

Would this always result in a 0-0 draw or a very high scoring game?

It's harder to analyse than the meaning of life.....
    It has only ever been a game, it will only ever be a game --no matter how much they wish to change things for the digital age.
    It used to be a game to be enjoyed, however, because of all the interference with TLOG and VAR, it is no longer a game to be enjoyed and you may well just as well play some computer game if that is your idea of fun.
    I have never played a computer game in my life, in fact, I miss the old pinball machines which were great!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)