+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnley and ball possession

Burnley and ball possession

I feel like stating the Bleedn obvious which is you cannot keep giving the opposition 75% possession of the ball and expect time after time to sneak the game.

I know we have been doing it for quite a while but its really tedious to watch.

Of course you will say that we need younger, more skillful, players to at least have 50% possession but isn't that where our youth policy comes in?

Maybe not more skillful but more able to get up the wing and deliver decent crosses into the box where Banes and Wood might have a chance?

Its not rocket science.

We lack wing play and central attacking play.

We don't shot and therefore don't score goals from midfield we just chaise the ball all day.

And even teams like Brighton can run all over us.

Surely time for a change?

Maybe waiting to go down before playing the game to actually win it?

when Hendrick left - he said something interesting....that it'd give him a chance to improve his game/ better himself...that spoke volumes - S.D runs a factory system, strength concentrated on key areas....but overall, repetitive, his design, he's expressed his contentment with the players we have, they fit tight into the slots ...rigid to the design, if not, it falls apart....perhaps if it had a national flag,....

it''d look like this.......

'

I keep on hearing about we do not have the quality of players with the technical ability to play decent football and I think that is rubbish.

Dyche does not need to be "Set-in-Stone" with this 4-4-2 malarkey.

All teams have to do to counter this is style of play is to use three tall centre-backs who can head a ball and it's game over.

Pope.
    Bardsley, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor,
    Westwood, Cork (on the assumption he will be fit sometime?) or Stephens,
    Rodriguez, Brownhill, McNeil,
    Vydra.

Ball on the deck, one touch passing, no hoof-ball, still defensively sound and room to move the ball forward.

Come on Dyche - let's have a change?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I keep on hearing about we do not have the quality of players with the technical ability to play decent football and I think that is rubbish.

All teams have to do to counter this is style of play is to use three tall centre-backs who can head a ball and it's game over.

Pope.
    Vydra.

Ball on the deck, one touch passing, no hoof-ball, still defensively sound and room to move the ball forward.

Good news nearly a full squad
    Pieters Bardsley and Stephens due back 21st
    Cork showing as 28th

I wish he would try some youngsters though and McNeil needs a confidence boost, Gudmundsson for me.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post

I wish he would try some youngsters though and McNeil needs a confidence boost, Gudmundsson for me.
    I like Johann as well OC, I'd play him every game if I was manager. Only two problems with that scenario, I'll never be manager and Johann won't be fit every game. How many minutes will he get in this time before he produces another sick note ? And I'm not getting at the lad, he doesn't get injured on purpose, but it is what it is, and Johan isn't five minutes off the treatment table before he's back on it again.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I like Johann as well OC, I'd play him every game if I was manager. Only two problems with that scenario, I'll never be manager and Johann won't be fit every game. How many minutes will he get in this time before he produces another sick note ? And I'm not getting at the lad, he doesn't get injured on purpose, but it is what it is, and Johan isn't five minutes off the treatment table before he's back on it again.
    I'm always amazed how easily JBG and Robbie Brady get injured.

For the life in me I don't know why we don't bulk them up a bit with weight training or some of your steroids or EPO sinkov?

Pope.
    Vydra.

I also would like to see that line up BT, possibly with one change. If Cork is not fit then have Brownhill alongside Westwood, having seen Stephens play at both Burnley and Brighton I do not rate him at all. That would also mean bringing in Gudmunsson in.
    Pope
    Bardsley Tarkowsky Mee Taylor
    Westwood Brownhill
    Gudmundsson J-Rod McNeil
    Vydra.
    Unfortunately I don’t think is will ever happen.

Watching the highlights on MOD we were bombarded and yes Pope and the rest of the defence played well but we won't get away with that in many games.One effort from Lowton was all we mustered,Wood & Barnes were never mentioned.I feel a bit sorry for Vydra,he's never really been given much of a chance but from what I have seen he looks a decent player.Get rid of Brady and get Dwight back out on the wing.

I'm always amazed how easily JBG and Robbie Brady get injured.

For the life in me I don't know why we don't bulk them up a bit with weight training or some of your steroids or EPO sinkov?
    There's a simple solution to the problem of players who are rarely fit to play BT. It's called a P45.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Watching the highlights on MOD we were bombarded and yes Pope and the rest of the defence played well but we won't get away with that in many games.One effort from Lowton was all we mustered,Wood & Barnes were never mentioned.I feel a bit sorry for Vydra,he's never really been given much of a chance but from what I have seen he looks a decent player.Get rid of Brady and get Dwight back out on the wing.
    Me and the lad were at Southampton last year for the early Saturday kick off.

In the pub/restaurant post match (phuck me those were the days!) the Saints fans were asking who is this guy, and why is he not playing?

After watching that goal on that Saturday, I still have no idea why Dyche does not play him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)