+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's lies from Sturgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    So just write these people off because they're not white?
    No, protect the most vulnerable if they wish to be protected. Duh

These were people working in the NHS who were failed by their bosses, you think they were given the option of staying at home and being paid? This is all academic anyway, there is no lockdown in Scotland, people can visit their parents, go out, meet friends, go to the gym, not going to the pub and getting pished is not a big deal

These were people working in the NHS who were failed by their bosses, you think they were given the option of staying at home and being paid? This is all academic anyway, there is no lockdown in Scotland, people can visit their parents, go out, meet friends, go to the gym, not going to the pub and getting pished is not a big deal
    Dundee's in a tier 3 lock down situation. My mum lives in a tier 2 lock down area, can I go and visit her?

Scotland is in lockdown about 85% of the population.

If they were in the most vulnerable groups they would have been told to shield.

NHS get 6 months full and 6 months half pay when on the sick. They have 3 times as much sick leave as private companies.

I'm sure plenty will have "went on the seek".

These were people working in the NHS who were failed by their bosses, you think they were given the option of staying at home and being paid?
    Sweeping and accusatory statement there Tainted.

Were they failed by their bosses? Do we know that for certain? If they were obese with type 2 diabetes and they died whilst their fit and healthy colleagues didn't die is that really the fault of their bosses? Problem is that the number being just that, a number with no qualification, we just don't know so can't really say with any certainty that they were failed by their bosses.

If they were failed by their bosses would a lot more of them not have died? The NHS employs circa 1.4 million and there are circa 1.6 million in social care type employment in the UK so 3 million in healthcare. Surely if there was a systemic failure of care by NHS bosses toward their employees regarding this (comically described as) lethal virus would you expect more than 0.017% of them to die? I think I would.

What percentage of the UK population do you think die every year typically? How does the 0.017% that the 500 represents compare? Is it not fair to say that the NHS might actually expect to lose that many employees through death in a nine month period anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Were they failed by their bosses? Do we know that for certain? If they were obese with type 2 diabetes and they died whilst their fit and healthy colleagues didn't die is that really the fault of their bosses? Problem is that the number being just that, a number with no qualification, we just don't know so can't really say with any certainty that they were failed by their bosses.

If they were failed by their bosses would a lot more of them not have died? The NHS employs circa 1.4 million and there are circa 1.6 million in social care type employment in the UK so 3 million in healthcare. Surely if there was a systemic failure of care by NHS bosses toward their employees regarding this (comically described as) lethal virus would you expect more than 0.017% of them to die? I think I would.

What percentage of the UK population do you think die every year typically? How does the 0.017% that the 500 represents compare? Is it not fair to say that the NHS might actually expect to lose that many employees through death in a nine month period anyway?
    Is there possibly even a case for fitness tests to work in the nhs?

We have for the fire service i presume armed forces and I still think (even though it dosent look it) the polis.

Maybe you should be reasonably fit to work for the NHS.

Extreme right wing view?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Is there possibly even a case for fitness tests to work in the nhs?

We have for the fire service i presume armed forces and I still think (even though it dosent look it) the polis.

Maybe you should be reasonably fit to work for the NHS.

Extreme right wing view?
    Difficult to say because by saying someone needs to be a certain level of fitness you kind of start to get into whether disabled people are fit to do a job. How do you define fitness type of thing.

I used to have to do an annual fitness test in the RAF mile and a half in 11 minutes or less, if you failed nothing came of it you just went back and failed again next year. It was difficult to fail though because you could just about walk the distance in that time. Being me of course I deliberately failed it to pi55 them off.

Difficult to say because by saying someone needs to be a certain level of fitness you kind of start to get into whether disabled people are fit to do a job. How do you define fitness type of thing.

I used to have to do an annual fitness test in the RAF mile and a half in 11 minutes or less, if you failed nothing came of it you just went back and failed again next year. It was difficult to fail though because you could just about walk the distance in that time. Being me of course I deliberately failed it to pi55 them off.
    I can't see without contact lenses, stops me from applying for the fire service.

I'm no saying you should be able to run a sub 4 hour marathon but if we are gonna have all this carry on every time a new virus appears maybe they shouldn't be taking on those who are in the most vulnerable categories.....so the nhs dosent need to be "saved" in the future.

Dundee's in a tier 3 lock down situation. My mum lives in a tier 2 lock down area, can I go and visit her?
    You've already said you're ignoring all the guidance. As are plenty others. Up to you.

Not even going to dignify this with an answer. Apart from this answer.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)