+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Johansson or Blackman?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    You can see from the pictures I posted his arms are down, hes in a crouch (grist) and hes on the move the moment before the kick is taken.
    Yes a split second before the balls kicked, it’s impossible to dive with your arms up which causes him to have slow reactions that reading one look at it Blackman went the right way and if he had his hands down he would have been faster diving.

Il say it again when whistle blows you stick your hands down and get ready to dive for it. If you wait like you are suggesting you couldn’t save a Crisp wrapper never mind a ball. That ball is travelling at such a high speed all keepers will often move before the ball gets to your standards that’s why some players fake there shots and keepers have already jumped

Yes it helps if your crouched down ready well before ball is kicked and focus, I still see a few jumping up and hitting the cross bar which I thought was not allowed now

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Yes a split second before the balls kicked, it’s impossible to dive with your arms up which causes him to have slow reactions that reading one look at it Blackman went the right way and if he had his hands down he would have been faster diving.

Il say it again when whistle blows you stick your hands down and get ready to dive for it. If you wait like you are suggesting you couldn’t save a Crisp wrapper never mind a ball. That ball is travelling at such a high speed all keepers will often move before the ball gets to your standards that’s why some players fake there shots and keepers have already jumped
    I hope you accept that what you are saying now is substantively different to what you said initially.

In your first post you said he had his arms in the air through the whole process - that you could not dive with your arms in the air. I posted pictures which showed you were wrong, that he brought his arms to his side prior to diving.

You're now saying something different that he should bring his arms down earlier in the process, when the ref blows for the kick to be taken. If he gets in what is the 'set' position much earlier it would improve his chances of saving penalties. Millertop chips in to agree with you.

I dont think this is neccasarily right. In sport players have what are called trigger moves that gets them in motion just prior to an activity. I dont think the movement hinders the performance of the task. Very many keepers have similar routines to Blackman.

But then neither of us know anything about keeping. Blackmans been a professional keeper 14 years, much of that time with Chelsea. I think he will have done a huge amount of work on the subject with some of the best coaches in the Country - I think I will go with his judgement on this.

I reckon Blackman should add the "Bruce Grobbelaar knees" routine to his penalty ritual

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I hope you accept that what you are saying now is substantively different to what you said initially.

In your first post you said he had his arms in the air through the whole process - that you could not dive with your arms in the air. I posted pictures which showed you were wrong, that he brought his arms to his side prior to diving.

You're now saying something different that he should bring his arms down earlier in the process, when the ref blows for the kick to be taken. If he gets in what is the 'set' position much earlier it would improve his chances of saving penalties. Millertop chips in to agree with you.

I dont think this is neccasarily right. In sport players have what are called trigger moves that gets them in motion just prior to an activity. I dont think the movement hinders the performance of the task. Very many keepers have similar routines to Blackman.

But then neither of us know anything about keeping. Blackmans been a professional keeper 14 years, much of that time with Chelsea. I think he will have done a huge amount of work on the subject with some of the best coaches in the Country - I think I will go with his judgement on this.
    This is what Iv said

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    The only issue I have with Blackman is when he has his hands up in the air while opponents are taking a penalty. By all means do it before but not when the ball is going to be kicked.

Iv not altered what Iv said at all

Think what you want but I don’t think it’s coaches who’s taught him that none of Chelsea’s keepers do it and no other keeper does it, rodak used to do it but soon as that whistle was blown he stuck his hands down

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456