+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Are you going to take a vaccine?

O/T Are you going to take a vaccine?

Lots of b*ll*cks on social media aimed at encouraging folk not to take a vaccine when offered. I WILL be partaking when it’s my turn

What about you all?

Yep...asap...but subject to some clarification regarding specific differences between those that are available.

Of course.

I encourage others not to take it so I'll get it sooner!! More seriously there is a question of possible choice of vaccines - might have to have both.

Mind you being packed full of nanobots, tracked by the government and having my every action known is a heavy price to pay for being able to see the Rams play again live.

New medicines etc are tested on healthy folk, not on folk on multiple meds a day. I glean this info from the many requests for paid volunteers I regularly see here online. Some pay as much as €4000. I'm on 8 a day. Good diet, fitness routine and the meds have all my stats, outside of another 4 to5 kilo weight I want to lose, in the "healthy" range but as I have those underlying conditions, I don't count as healthy for the trials.

It is highly likely that the vaccine will have been tested on healthy folk and not on people of my age and health status. Because of that I am very wary of these vaccines. As the tests only started 2 or 3 months ago mid and long term side effects cannot be known. It's a risk I am not prepared to take.

MA I believe I read somewhere that the Pfizer tests showed 94% efficacy when tested in the over 65 group. Now whether they cherry picked a wholly healthy group of over 65's I dont know, but my assessment is that the upside still exceeds the downside. Still its all a matter of personal choice. 8 a day - bloody amateur: 12 a day and a daily injection here .

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    MA I believe I read somewhere that the Pfizer tests showed 94% efficacy when tested in the over 65 group. Now whether they cherry picked a wholly healthy group of over 65's I dont know, but my assessment is that the upside still exceeds the downside. Still its all a matter of personal choice. 8 a day - bloody amateur: 12 a day and a daily injection here .
    I bow to your professional approach to medicine taking

You look at the facts and then make your mind up. Mine, at the moment says NO. Fair play to those of you saying YES.

New Dutch poll this week showed a drop in uptake of a vaccine when it's shown to be safe and effective. June showed 72% of my fellow cloggies saying yes. In September that was 65% and now it's down to 60%. Over 65s are at a 75% uptake rate.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 19-11-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Interesting - there is a cut off take up rate below which herd immunity would not be achieved, I seem to recall it was 55%, so you and your cloggies may still see future outbreaks if the uptake falls a bit more, and presumably then be subject to the existing lockdown and/or travel restrictions. So those hopes of live sport and live music etc may yet be scuppered

Only on a meagre seven a day plus one to remind me to take the seven!
    Sitting on the fence at present, waiting for more data, 60% probably but still 40% possibly not!
    It's the old probables versus the possibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    MA I believe I read somewhere that the Pfizer tests showed 94% efficacy when tested in the over 65 group. Now whether they cherry picked a wholly healthy group of over 65's I dont know, but my assessment is that the upside still exceeds the downside. Still its all a matter of personal choice.
    Well put. I’m fortunate not to be on regular medication but agree with the above. Totally respect MA’s and mac’s reasoning and ‘personal choice’ behind not accepting or questioning it, but I do believe that all those without an underlying condition have a social responsibility to be vaccinated. Laziness and fear - of needles - are no excuse imo.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)