+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Osborne

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm not, tongue was firmly placed in cheek for that whole paragraph Warsop.

Every club has dozens and dozens of examples of letting players go who go on to be more successful elsewhere. Notts obviously being no exception, but it's far too early to say if Osborne will be added to this list regardless of how impressive he's being in the league below.

For THIS season I'd rather have both Roberts and Enzio over Osborne and by some distance.

If he wanted regular football, and we couldn't give it, then it's right he moves on.
    Exactly, no one at the club is at fault, he was offered a contract and he declined to go and get a fresh start and more game time. What should of the club done? guaranteed more game time or more money? I doubt he's on a better deal at lemington, I just think well done to him for taking a gutsy decision and hope it works out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    How's Dennis doing? Still injured or just not being selected to start?
    warming the bench as an unused sub each week. I find it odd he decided to go up there on probably a slightly better deal but with little prospect of first team regular football for a side who are bottom of the league.

It's probably because he's moved up the football pyramid and playing at a clearly superior level. So some players leave Notts and don't instantly tear it up at their new club.

At least from his point of view he's likely getting paid a nice amount to be sat on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Signing players on short term loans from premier league clubs in the middle of what turned out to be a relegation season is a whole different thing to giving your own young players who’ve come through your own ranks a fair chance. As you probably know. What was the average age of the team against Borehamwood?

Whatever your view, not doing enough to keep Osborne has turned out to be a poor decision. Not doing enough to keep Kristian Dennis had turned out to be a poor decision. As lots of people said at the time. Ardley doesn’t make poor decisions in hindsight. He makes poor decisions that a lot of people know at the time are poor decisions.
    What we do know is every player that was at the club before Neal Ardley apart from Enzio (who has been under contact throughout) has left when their contact has expired or rejected a new offer that’s been on the table.

I do think we miss Dennis this season. There was a proven 20 goal a season striker at this level (he had done it with Macclesfield previously) and last season he could change a game with his goals. Also with the absence of Thomas and Roberts (which to be fair no one could envisage) it as left us a bit shy in front of goal certainly recently and puts more pressure on Wootton.

One thing is for sure this is the managers own squad and for the first time in a very long time at Notts we have been able to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    What we do know is every player that was at the club before Neal Ardley apart from Enzio (who has been under contact throughout) has left when their contact has expired or rejected a new offer that’s been on the table.

I do think we miss Dennis this season. There was a proven 20 goal a season striker at this level (he had done it with Macclesfield previously) and last season he could change a game with his goals. Also with the absence of Thomas and Roberts (which to be fair no one could envisage) it as left us a bit shy in front of goal certainly recently and puts more pressure on Wootton.

One thing is for sure this is the managers own squad and for the first time in a very long time at Notts we have been able to say that.
    Yeah totally agree, for me that may turn out to be a big mistake (hope not) and was quite surprised we haven't replaced like with like, though it's the hardest position/player type to recruit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It will only be irrelevant if his future career is in the league below. If it's in the league above, it will be a mistake.
    15k a year to 12.5k, no wonder he left. Good decision by the club though saving 50 quid a week.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    15k a year to 12.5k, no wonder he left. Good decision by the club though saving 50 quid a week.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    It's obvious Ardley has spotted the talent in him and wanted to nurture it for him and the club.
    How this guy was ever in charge of a youth team at Cardiff is beyond me.
    As for Robert's and enzo being ahead of him.
    Robert's is injured and enzio is more employed to be a defensive midfielder than an out and out attacking threat.

Roberts was sensational after signing last season, obviously very unlucky with injury this season.

Enzio was in the NL team of the year last season and could have had a goal of the season competition on his own. True story.

We then sign two attacking players with a bit of flair in Sam and Ruben da Rocha Rodrigues.

So safe to say he was definitely playing backup if he stayed.

Yeah I'm furious we let Osborne go in a make or break season for the manager. Furious!!! Lol

To be honest I'm just happy for the lad as he's proving his point after making a brave decision. Keep it up I say!

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast