+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Bournemouth

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Bournemouth

Isn't it wierd how at the at the begining of the season the optimism around was electric. We really did look the part as well for the early part of the season with us unusually dominating games and coming away from them with a point or an undeserving loss. This was without the standout stars of last season Ogbene.
    But it didn't matter too much because the midfield was looking great and the eventual arrival into the team of Old MacDonald was a revelation only for him to brake his leg.
    The defence wasn't looking too shabby with us eventually having cover for Mattock, who for all his skill and good play at left back he's always had an injury or a sending off just around the corner. But we had Robertson, who when asked came in and played well but that didn't last too long as he ended up with an injury that'll see him out until the new year.

It's not that we have more injuries than other team although that is debatable it's just that we have serious injuries. But the're bûgger all we can do about it! We just have to get up after each game and dust ourselves down and go again.
    The depth of talent in our squad doesn't cover for the injuries we have in this league. We don't have a Championship squad we have a squad capable of giving other teams a game on our day. And that's maybe not enough when we have injuries!

But we're still in this league and the injuries are out of our control. To say that it's the way we train is, in my opinion a bit daft! Or to say we need a coach for this that or the other is clutching at straws we have to admit that the coaching staff and the players at other teams are often better than the ones we have at club.

However I wouldn't change a thing with outside the way the club is going! We are beeter than last season, and we are better than the season before that after bringin through players and selling them on. We're better that we've been for years and this season we've played better than we have for 20 years or more!

You look at the comments froom some of the younger supporters and seriously they haven't a bloody clue of how bad we were as a team int he years gon by!

We can compete and get results but it won't be as many as we'd like! We'll give teams a game whether they were in the Prem, Championship or League one last season!

Enjooy the match boys and girls!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

3-2 The Millers

with all the gung ho shouting from Smudge this week in the press, I hope the rest of the squad have picked up on this and really give it a go today. heart says 1-0 realism says 1-3 but screw it.....1-0 it is. UTM!

Like the idea what Casper64frank posted the other day, where we keep both Miller and Jozefzoon out of the start 11 and use them in the second half. Fresh legs both wingers attacking like there's no tomorrow and getting those crosses in early doors.
    Last edited by Brin; 28-11-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Great opening Frog. Its gonna be tough today but I am staying positive, sadly not like a number of fans who seem to have given up on the team. My OH is a Black Cats supporter so I sat and watched them last night v Fleetwood. The game was pretty dire and made me realise how good it is to watch the Millers in the Championship. We are finding it tough but the quality of the games is so much better than last season. UTM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    Great opening Frog. Its gonna be tough today but I am staying positive, sadly not like a number of fans who seem to have given up on the team. My OH is a Black Cats supporter so I sat and watched them last night v Fleetwood. The game was pretty dire and made me realise how good it is to watch the Millers in the Championship. We are finding it tough but the quality of the games is so much better than last season. UTM!!
    Yep can’t argue about the quality

Afternoon one and all.
    A difficult afternoon ensues.
    A game we can win or at least take a point, with the right team selection and a lot of application.
    Keep it tight and allow them the minimum of space so they can't exploit our weaknesses.

I'm going for a squeaky bum 2-1 win.

Great opening post froggy.

Come on you REDS!!
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 28-11-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    Edinburghmiller, nobody has given up on the team just voicing concerns in certain areas, once a Miller.

Good afternoon all. Well this is strange, I feel really optimistic, confident even.
    Nurse......nurse........NURSE!

If we sit back using 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 then we will end up like the christmas turkey

At least a point hopefully 3

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast