+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    The difference was Barry Robson had an affinity to the club being an Inverurie loon and going to games when he was younger.
    Scott Brown has no connection to Aberdeen other than acting like an arse every time he’s been at Pittodrie.
    It’s a no from me .
    Maybe the better comparison than Robson is Roy Aitken. There was nobody I loved to hate in that celtic team back then more than Aitken but to be fair to him when he came here as player/assistant manager he absolutely gave his all for Aberdeen.

I completely agree that Brown acts the arse every time he plays us but playing devil's advocate is that not the point, that is the sort of player we are missing when we go to tougher grounds, someone that doesn't care who he is playing, he gets stuck in, he plays his mind games etc? If he comes and gives his all (like Aitken did and remember he was an even bigger celtic man than Brown) is it not worth it for a season?

Quote Originally Posted by Heed_Don_In View Post
    Made up ****e

Barry was a hun and never attended pittodrie as a loon. This is from an Inverurie loon and someone who knew Barry fairly well when kids
    And Barry Robson got booked and sent off a good few times while trying to do that for Aberdeen.

Do you honestly think " Broonie" would get his first five for free tackles/fouls in a Red top ???

No. I don`t either.

Move on a`body , eh ?

Hypothetical question.

If Cormack was to encourage Tot to apply for the job, and give him pre-interview (off the record) assurances that the job was 'in the bag', but had absolutely no intention of hiring him ..... would that make DC a 'tot-teaser'?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Ok it's tin hat time, just hear me out before kicking me off the forum

Scott Brown??

I think we all agree that we are soft as fcuk as a team and badly in need of a nasty streak. Is there not an argument that he could do that for us and galvanise (ahem) the rest of the team to be stronger when things get tough.

Barry Robson came in and did a similar sort of job at the end of his career, maybe Brown could do the same for a season or so?
    Not a chance Brown would be allowed to play for us in the same way he plays for Celtic. He'd be forever suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I’m going to buck the trend. I’d be perfectly happy with Scott Brown in a non-playing capacity (I’d struggle with him in a red shirt, but even then the f*#%er knows how to compete and we could do with a bit of that).
    As a player, he's lost that yard of pace that he never had.

It's all b0llocks.

No way would anyone be stupid enough to think Scott Brown (or Lennon for that matter) would ever be accepted at Pittodrie.

Fans have been forced away with incredibly boring football, most don't see themselves as ex fans* but are drifting towards it.

It's really important just now not to choose someone who is going to alienate them even further.

The speculation is getting ridiculous, I'm sure they know who the next manager will be, time to announce it.

* by "fans" I mean folk who actually go to games. I know it's possible to be a fan who for one reason or another cannot attend matches on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Heed_Don_In View Post
    Made up ****e

Barry was a hun and never attended pittodrie as a loon. This is from an Inverurie loon and someone who knew Barry fairly well when kids
    Think he admitted to being a Hun as well didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Maybe the better comparison than Robson is Roy Aitken. There was nobody I loved to hate in that celtic team back then more than Aitken but to be fair to him when he came here as player/assistant manager he absolutely gave his all for Aberdeen.

I completely agree that Brown acts the arse every time he plays us but playing devil's advocate is that not the point, that is the sort of player we are missing when we go to tougher grounds, someone that doesn't care who he is playing, he gets stuck in, he plays his mind games etc? If he comes and gives his all (like Aitken did and remember he was an even bigger celtic man than Brown) is it not worth it for a season?
    I agree that he's the sort of player we need but as Donansdusted said; he's lost a yard of pace he never had.

Betting suspended on Glass. Looks like a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Betting suspended on Glass. Looks like a done deal.
    I don't think it's that bad an idea. Wouldn't be my first choice but at least he's not from the usual suspects.

The Atlanta deal has been a bit iffy with Hernandez (mainly because we don't know what it's all about) but it could be what we need. So could Glass.

Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast