+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I don’t see 15k season tickets getting purchased if Stephen Glass becomes our manager. No offence to the lad but you can hardly say it is an exciting appointment that will draw lots of attention.
    A meh appointment at best.
    Yeah as previously said I had Glass in my meh list. Hopefully not just a yes man for Cormack as rumoured. Definitely not going to shift season tickets in any great number.

But if the Brown rumours are true then I’m out. How to lose all your goodwill in 1 move. Way to go Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    What's the odds saying on the director of football role?
    If we are to have a Director of Football, then he needs appointed first, as he has to have a big say in who the head coach is
    You don’t do it the other way round.

If its a Atlanta stitch up job Cormack can phuck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    If its a Atlanta stitch up job Cormack can phuck right off.
    This will definitely be us really being confirmed as Atlanta’s diddy team once Glass is confirmed as manager. What a massive disappointment when the club really needed an appointment that brought excitement and expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Heed_Don_In View Post
    Made up ****e

Barry was a hun and never attended pittodrie as a loon. This is from an Inverurie loon and someone who knew Barry fairly well when kids
    Nae bother min , I dinna ken him personally.
    He’s obviously a liar then as he did that si ferry interview a couple years back and said he went to Pittodrie as a boy , think he said an uncle took him but canna remember.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Nae bother min , I dinna ken him personally.
    He’s obviously a liar then as he did that si ferry interview a couple years back and said he went to Pittodrie as a boy , think he said an uncle took him but canna remember.
    As a kid, there was a group of us of all ages. We used to play football most nights at the local parks. I remember Barry being little and slight but fast and always got stuck in to those older, he played football morning noon night, always had a ball at his feet seem to play for every team school colony park then in Aberdeen juveniles think Dyce boys club. He wouldn’t have had time to go to pittodrie, he went to rangers at a young age if I remember. He may well have gone to pittodrie when free or when rangers were in town.I do think his heart is in Aberdeen now
    Last edited by Heed_Don_In; 12-03-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heed_Don_In View Post
    As a kid, there was a group of us of all ages. We used to play football most nights at the local parks. I remember Barry being little and slight but fast and always got stuck in to those older, he played football morning noon night, always had a ball at his feet seem to play for every team school colony park then in Aberdeen juveniles think Dyce boys club. He wouldn’t have had time to go to pittodrie, he went to rangers at a young age if I remember. He may well have gone to pittodrie when free or when rangers were in town.I do think his heart is in Aberdeen now
    You should watch the interview on YouTube, si ferry meets Barry Robson . Was a couple years ago I watched it , he comes across ok but does seem of the hun persuasion. He name checks “Coisty” and “Durranty” from his time down there as a kid.
    I’m sure he said he went to Pittodrie a lot as a kid with family but might be wrong and I canna be arsed watching that interview again it’s quite long .
    Worth a watch for those they haven’t seen it before though.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    This will definitely be us really being confirmed as Atlanta’s diddy team once Glass is confirmed as manager. What a massive disappointment when the club really needed an appointment that brought excitement and expectation.
    I am as underwhelmed as anyone if all the rumours turn out to be true but I think we need to give it a chance before writing him off. A few thoughts/questions from me on this

1. I would argue that more importantly than what manager we bring in is how much money Cormack is willing to put into the team. He will no doubt have seen the reaction on social media and with his ego he won't want this to fail - best chance to avoid that is to invest heavily in the team. Given all of the loan signings and players out of contract there will clearly be plenty of signings this Summer. Big question is how far is Cormack willing to push out the boat to support Glass and is Glass a big enough name to attract the better players

2. Will Glass set out the team to play the attractive football that Cormack has promised?

3. Will Glass be willing to have a go against celtic and sevco rather than park 10 players in defence and wait for Ajer/Tavernier to stroll through us and set up the inevitable goal/defeat?

4. Will Glass be willing to give youth a chance. I think I am right in saying that in 8 whole years McInnes brought through only one player from the youth ranks that became a regular first team player (McKenna and I might argue even that was lucky - Motherwell away thrashing etc). Others like Wright/McLennan/Campbell are bit part at best. An appalling record

5. Will Glass be able to actually improve players from the point they are signed as that has been a very rare event in the last 8 seasons

Many other similar questions but that's probably enough for now but in summary he isn't part of the Scottish football mafia so let's not write him off without seeing what he brings to the job first

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    You should watch the interview on YouTube, si ferry meets Barry Robson . Was a couple years ago I watched it , he comes across ok but does seem of the hun persuasion. He name checks “Coisty” and “Durranty” from his time down there as a kid.
    I’m sure he said he went to Pittodrie a lot as a kid with family but might be wrong and I canna be arsed watching that interview again it’s quite long .
    Worth a watch for those they haven’t seen it before though.
    I hate that Si Ferry ****e but for some reason I watched that one and I don't remember him talking about supporting any club which means he's a Hun.

Not sure how much of a yes man a manager can be. McInnes wasn't a yes man and he was a chunt. Maybe being a yes man to Cormack who seems genuinely interested in us would be a good thing too.

Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast