+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Raul Jimenez: Wolves striker conscious in hospital after David Luiz head clash

Raul Jimenez: Wolves striker conscious in hospital after David Luiz head clash

Not hard men like Butcher

Yes it didn’t look good but wasn’t surprised Luiz carried on with a bandage head, we seen it before but was he right too carry on? He couldn’t head the ball and blood was seen coming through the bandage so I’d say they got it wrong and he should’ve been replaced straight away not at HT

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55125293

Jimenez had surgery for a fractured skull

Hope he gets well soon. Poor lad, hope he makes a full recovery but something tells me he won’t be the same player in future.
    Louiz too hope he recovers. I found it Incredible that he wasn’t taken off straight away, crazy decision for him to carry on. Contributed to them losing in my opinion. He looked lost after restart. Alan shearer was right with his obviously upset response on match of the day to the whole situation.
    I saw the John Buckley incident at millmoor, right in front of me, not nice. Life changing for the player, stays with those who witnessed it for a long time.
    Last edited by millersrus; 30-11-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Pundits covering the game here in the US (Tim Howard and Robbie Earle I think it was) were mortified that he was allowed to play on, especially with all the current concerns over head injuries and concussion. NFL have adopted a protocol that if any player is involved in head collision/potential head injury the referee sends them to the 'medical tent' where they are assessed by an independent medical adviser before being allowed back into the game. Maybe give the 4th official that duty and make sure all the refereeing staff are trained accordingly or have a designated independent medical official at every game to make the call.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 30-11-2020 at 06:55 PM.

When VVD got a knock Liverpool fans and the media acted like it was the worst thing to ever happen in football.
    Depay unveiled a t shirt after scoring wishing him well. It was like he was he was a dying orphan.

This lad might never play again. Had to have emergency surgery but many falling over themselves to wish him well.