+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Rev - just take a deep breath and ignore any barbs - would be sad to see you depart as you typically bring humour and levity with your comments.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    We couldn't afford a fancy coal shovel. But we had a grand coal scuttle. Brass it were. With a beautiful wooden handle. Think it were oak. But it might have been pine.

Lovely and smooth it were. Like real soft on your hand. And all the time I used it, at my granddads shop, it were never one for splinters. So it probably was pine. I think oak would have been darker. Though I suppose there are dark pines. If it had been lighter I think I would have thought it were pine. But I'm almost sure it were oak. Unless it were pine.

Geoffrey, who lived next door didn't have a coal scuttle caus they had gas. But you can only cook black puddings on a coal fire. You can cook crumpets with a gas fire. But they taste better toasted with a coal fire. That's why we had the coal scuttle you see.

We had a bucket before that, before the coal scuttle. But our brass scuttle were better than any bucket. Even a galvanised steel one, like the one our window cleaner had. I don't know if he had a coal scuttle. I know he had a coal fire. Caus i knew the chimney sweep who did our chimney, and he did the window cleaners as well. And even the window cleaner said we had a grand coal scuttle. The best scuttle he'd seen, and he cleaned Mr Sidebottom's chimney, and Mr sidebottom was my headmaster.

I wish we'd had a coal fire at school, then i could have taken our scuttle in and shown everyone how grand it were. I think as coal scuttles go, it were the best in out street..and that includes the fanshaws, a real posh family 4 doors down from us, I remember all the gossip when they had a roof put on their outside toilet. I miss scuttles.

Found the above post in the comments when I watched a Ripping Yarns video on Youtube. The Testing of Eric Olthwaite.

Found it highly amusing.

Anyone else remember Ripping Yarns? they're all on Youtube and I'm rewatching them. Brings back many a good memory from the early 80's.
    I have the 2 Dvds with all episodes on, haven't watched them for a while. Loved the one where he collected diseases and the only man that didn't escape the prison of war camp. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Think I will be waiting a long long time for an apology for the sick vile comment he made about me dying on the SBS forum Mr's O.
    Easy to say it on a forum where I don't post and he had Ant and his band of merry men patting their little troll on the head for being a good boy.Also would be amazed if 2 of our current Mods on here who were also on SBS at the time can't remember him saying it..pretty certain they can but its cool as it appears they are happy to have him on board.Final straw for me I am done with this forum.
    Rev I can say with total honesty that I remember some unsavoury comments but I had thought that it had been sorted. But from what you are saying it would appear not. I cannot remember when it was said or what was said. My apologies for that but over the last 3 years I admit my mind has at times been more focused on close members of my family who have fought and lost their fight against cancer and COPD.

We cannot ban members for something said on other forums but as you know if it goes to far on here then both Orgs and myself would take a very dim view.

Quote Originally Posted by wortleygirl View Post
    Rev I can say with total honesty that I remember some unsavoury comments but I had thought that it had been sorted. But from what you are saying it would appear not. I cannot remember when it was said or what was said. My apologies for that but over the last 3 years I admit my mind has at times been more focused on close members of my family who have fought and lost their fight against cancer and COPD.

We cannot ban members for something said on other forums but as you know if it goes to far on here then both Orgs and myself would take a very dim view.
    Mrs W
    It's been well over a decade I've spoken with you
    You know my posts

Just get back on here Rev you buffoon come on dont be a melt
    I've met over the years Worts will know
    Pat4life bless him loads of times
    Stanns bless him
    Helix and wife
    A lady called Rose
    Benns
    Pissbelly
    Welshnwhite at Plymouth Exeter Bristol rovers
    Geldered bootboy
    Fenwhite loads of times up and down the country
    Loads more I could go on and on
    I've introduced a few to The Mighty Atom my mate
    Brian Flynn and my mate Bryn Law
    I ain't no key board warrior loads know me
    The fans of Leeds can thank me for Gary Speed as he was set on signing for Everton at 14 years of age
    Get back on here your clearly valued

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Think I will be waiting a long long time for an apology for the sick vile comment he made about me dying on the SBS forum Mr's O.
    Easy to say it on a forum where I don't post and he had Ant and his band of merry men patting their little troll on the head for being a good boy.Also would be amazed if 2 of our current Mods on here who were also on SBS at the time can't remember him saying it..pretty certain they can but its cool as it appears they are happy to have him on board.Final straw for me I am done with this forum.
    Sorry, I didn't know it was posted on another forum as I only come here. Thought I didn't see anything bad here was scratching my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Sorry, I didn't know it was posted on another forum as I only come here. Thought I didn't see anything bad here was scratching my head.
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    I have the 2 Dvds with all episodes on, haven't watched them for a while. Loved the one where he collected diseases and the only man that didn't escape the prison of war camp. 😂
    Anyone remember Tales of the Unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Anyone remember Tales of the Unexpected
    I had the DVDs to Ripping Yarns as well but lent them out and never got them back, same person I lent Operation Good Guys too. A Docu spoof about a police detachment with Ray Burdis and Perry Benson. Worth a watch.

Yeah I remember that Hopeless, always remember the title music with the lass dancing. Only episode I vaguely remember is one about someone can hear flowers scream when they get pruned.

I have a lot of DVD's of old programs from the 70's and 80's.

I claudius, Allo Allo, UFO, Rising Damp, Shogun etc etc.

Also a big 50's sci fi and monster movie fan.

the theme music was awesome to tales of the unexpected!

Is that the one where you seen the silhouette of a nipple at the start. Risky stuff back then.😯😀

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)