+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

You know it's bad when you are 3-0 down and you are urging the opposition to waste more time because if they don't it might become 4-0 or when you are 3-1 down and you groan at 5 added minutes....and after all that we are still 20th. Hard to see any positives from that game as there aren't any. Where do we go from here? Unfortunately it's on to Watford.

Thoughts?

If we continue with 352, not only do we need cover for Mattock, but the 3 CHs need to be drilled on where they are playing. Wood and Macdonald both trying to play the same position and both at fault for the first 2 goals.

For me, we're heading straight down. I've seen no evidence that Warne is able to turn things around. Admittedly, his job is made harder with the injuries and suspensions but I'm not sure we'd be doing much better anyway.

Personally, I think we're lucky to be on the points we are. Wycombe away, we weren't good. I don't even think we'd have beaten Wednesday if it wasn't for the pen and sending off. Didn't see the Preston game.

We're doomed without a change in management.

Disgraceful 1st half

Players were all over place

Coventry showed us our to mark a player but it’ll just not sink in

No motm

Warney needs to step up now

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Disgraceful 1st half

Players were all over place

Coventry showed us our to mark a player but it’ll just not sink in

No motm

Warney needs to step up now
    Any more performances like this & they will be asking him to step down not up.

I always try and understand what the manager is thinking even if I don't necessarily agree but today was* illogical, desperate, frustrating and devoid of anything to cling to.

Woody playing midweek and then the weekend has been a no no for years. When we don't need to do it especially it is inexcusable. Their two strikers tore him to shreds, it was actually painful to watch at how outclassed he was. Make no mistake though, Ihiekwe and MacDonald weren't much better, being slightly less awful isn't much of a match rating.

Wing backs. Mattock did what he does, fouls, makes rash tackles and panics. Decent balls in the box but nothing of note. Yellow card deserved all day long. Harding at wing back is not where he has demonstrated his strengths. A real revelation for us, right of a back three so he defends the majority of the time and can maraude occasionally and usually slightly in field. Down the wing he is completely ineffective. No blame at his door from me when he should of played in the back three. The use of Harding out right looked negative to me, a defensive wing back to contain. Lack of belief with that choice.

Midfield three tried. Lindsay best of the three today but they didnt get on the ball whatsoever. Either lumped over their heads going forward or the attacks attempted unsuccessfully down the wings. Going backwards they played around the three and numerous times we fell over trying to buy a free kick, ref didn't buy them and they broke straight onto the defence. Dan is the only one who gets it and makes me take a breath as he will likely keep it and just slow the game to his pace. The three have played well recently but personally I would of played Barlaser from the beginning against Coventry. A team near us who we shouldn't be played off the park by and could impose himself onto them. A bit of guile with bite around him.

Ladapo will score goals with service but given nothing whatsoever today. Being subbed off for Hirst made no sense apart from throwing in the towel and saving him. Smudge battled away as per, didn't get the decisions for him that always get given against him. Silly fouls on occasions, too often being the crosser. Same old story, we know the drill.

Subs: Olosunde looked like Bambi on ice at times, couldn't impose himself at all but carries a threat going forward at least. Didnt happen but can beat a man, gets us up the pitch. Hirst, meh. I'm sorry, no idea what to say about him, he doesn't make me feel anything about his game, just meh.

Vassell came on and I switched off for the first time before the end this season. Hate to do it but when the 3rd went in there wasnt any hope left.

Just heard we scored, catch up soon, going out for a chippy tea to console myself

352 a formation that is a passing running overlapping and crossing game. Rotherhams version of it is pass the ball twice between the back 3 and then hit up field as hard and long as you can. Pfffffft. W@nk
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 05-12-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Copy & Paste from Wednesdays match. We are simply not good enough. All Huff and Puff and very little quality.
    I would say we look like a League 1 side but that would be doing an injustice to League 1.

We can't pass a ball. We create no chances. We were second to the ball every time today and slow in defence. All the hall marks of relegation fodder

I wonder if Warne might refer back to 4 5 1 again on Tuesday because that at least might keep the goals down.

Dunno what the answre is maybe limp along to Jan hopefully not being too adrift and get some inspired signings in the window.

We can only hope. On that showing today there aint much.

MOM : rolymiller for lasting 90 mins without putting a brick thru the tv

...piss poor...

Today the office got raided by the drug squad in the morning and bombed by Isis in the afternoon.

Rebuild and head to Watford on Tuesday,

Credit to Cov, they were far better than us.

Demands for a change of manager are pathetic.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast