+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    A lot of blame going on Warne but in one of his videos recently he said, Barker looks after the coaching and he does the rest of managing.
    What is the rest of the managing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Rotherham's strengths are in dead ball situations, where we our centre halves up into the penalty area, hoping to score, or a loose ball dropping right for one of our forwards.
    After that the team don't have strengths in going forward with the kick it up field tactic, we have to play it out from the back, using wingers to use the space, & get balls into the oppositions penalty area .
    Why do we keep shoving Smith out onto the wing, been said hes a good crosser of the ball, thats not his job, he should be in the penalty area waiting for a ball to be crossed to him.
    With corners we get we never have a player at the far post for a over crossed corner or free kick, in defence we don't defend the far post area, when crosses from corners or free kicks are taken by the opposition.
    I can never understand why we have one forward up field when the opposition has a corner, how many times do we see our forward not get the ball, so the opposition keeps the pressure on by returning the ball straight into our area, to me we should have two forwards in the outfield when the opposition gets a corner, that means that less opposition players are in our area, because two or three of their defenders have to mark our two forwards.
    Warne gets the pay for doing the job, time to change things around, different tactics, or new backroom staff / adviser, otherwise division one awaits the club.
    I think you have more tactical knowledge than the manager and his staff put together.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    What is the rest of the managing?
    Public relations, Kindergarden cop, being nice to everyone, Warne needs a evil streak, change tactics, change his coaching staff, bring someone in to benefit him & the club.

Today’s performance was a disgrace from start to finish. People commenting that it was a bad day at the office, we never turned up to the office. No one looked like they gave a dam.

Blackman 6 made some good saves and didn’t do anything wrong

Harding 3 no energy at all but not the worse
    Mattock 3
    Icky 3
    Wood 1 lost his man showed his age not what you’d expect from a seasoned pro like him

Angus 1 him and wood was a mess i have no idea where that fight he had has gone but can someone find it
    Lindsey 5 ran himself dry but crooks and wiles had a terrible day and got no support
    Crooks 2 never really saw him do much at all
    Wiles 3 again he didn’t have his vigor today and got moved to lb I think at some point which seemed to have improved a bit
    Ladapo not sure how I can score a striker who never really got any service
    Smith 4 spent most of his time trying to cover midfield
    Hirst 1 him coming on did nothing
    Vassel 5 made some effort to the end and got a penalty
    Barlaser 6 tightened up midfield and scored the penalty but was too late

Maybe the kill em with kindness doesn't necessarily work in football...

Sadly, the game was over in ten minutes. I'm not going to join the scatter gun corps, blaming everything from the staff to the training ground.
    We were promoted due to circumstances beyond our control. A big chunk of the season hadn't been played. Who knows if we'd have made it in the end? This club clearly cannot compete at this level. That appears to be a fact, rather than a historical rant.

We know we can play better than that (that’s why I get ****ing annyed), maybe we’re missing some of our injured players especially Ogbene but WHY are we getting it so wrong?
    Answers on a postcard to NYS

Pressed reply by mistake. Meant
    Histerical rant. I did once say that I much prefer the third division, and got howled down. But this doesn't appear to be fun does it?

20th
    Yellow cards Angus which is his 4th
    Olosunde
    Mattock

Cut of dates anyone? I think it might be around the 15th Dec
    Last edited by millertop; 06-12-2020 at 09:28 AM.

We might have won more games last season in L1 but at times the football we played was just as poor, it was only that the opposition was worse that we picked up points.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast