+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Taking The Knee

I expected these sort of responses to be honest. People have the freedom to boo the knee however don't be surprised that if you're anti an anti racism gesture then your actions have consequences.

If you can't handle players coming together to highlight issues that society need to confront and it's actually making you feel more prejudice then you to give your head a wobble.

The issue is past attempts to highlight this issue have been to easy for people to sweep under the carpet and ignore. In fact it could be argued more needs to be done because the knee is becoming another token gesture than people can ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by jettyb_wba View Post
    I expected these sort of responses to be honest. People have the freedom to boo the knee however don't be surprised that if you're anti an anti racism gesture then your actions have consequences.

If you can't handle players coming together to highlight issues that society need to confront and it's actually making you feel more prejudice then you to give your head a wobble.

The issue is past attempts to highlight this issue have been to easy for people to sweep under the carpet and ignore. In fact it could be argued more needs to be done because the knee is becoming another token gesture than people can ignore.
    ‘Anti racism gesture’? Very little about BLM is anti racism.

One of the core pillars of BLM’s philosophy is Critical Race Theory which states an ideology that portrays blackness as victimhood and whiteness as oppression. Stereotyping any race based on skin colour is racist in itself not only to white people but it’s offensive to black people to call them victims.

BLM has used racism to promote its radical agenda and framed the narrative very well in that if you disagree with what they stand for your a racist. Sadly many fail to see it or are simply too dim to work it out so disagreeing with the knee gesture makes you a racist.

Where were BLM all these years as murders by blacks on blacks has gone through the roof in London? 13% of London is black yet 53% of murders are black on black. Where were all the useful idiots BLM whipped up to demonstrate about George Floyd when starvation and modern slavery in Africa of black people has been rife for years? Nowhere.

It’s a political movement mate that many people find offensive as they do the comments that have been made by its founders and some of its followers - E.G Anthony Joshua ‘boycott their businesses’ . These people are opening up rifts and putting back progress that society does not need. I can’t remember any Kick it Out initiatives being booed at a match so the clue probably lies there

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    ‘Anti racism gesture’? Very little about BLM is anti racism.

One of the core pillars of BLM’s philosophy is Critical Race Theory which states an ideology that portrays blackness as victimhood and whiteness as oppression. Stereotyping any race based on skin colour is racist in itself not only to white people but it’s offensive to black people to call them victims.

BLM has used racism to promote its radical agenda and framed the narrative very well in that if you disagree with what they stand for your a racist. Sadly many fail to see it or are simply too dim to work it out so disagreeing with the knee gesture makes you a racist.

Where were BLM all these years as murders by blacks on blacks has gone through the roof in London? 13% of London is black yet 53% of murders are black on black. Where were all the useful idiots BLM whipped up to demonstrate about George Floyd when starvation and modern slavery in Africa of black people has been rife for years? Nowhere.

It’s a political movement mate that many people find offensive as they do the comments that have been made by its founders and some of its followers - E.G Anthony Joshua ‘boycott their businesses’ . These people are opening up rifts and putting back progress that society does not need. I can’t remember any Kick it Out initiatives being booed at a match so the clue probably lies there
    Brilliant post.

But it won’t matter because as pointed out on her earlier today many of us on this forum are racists.

Apparently.

The good thing about this forum is that we can disagree with each other but still respect and consider differing views to one's own, occasionally it gets a bit personal but compared to the cesspit that is Twitter or the behaviour on the streets of activists I know where i'd rather be.

The BLM website cites itself as being focused on equality and doesn't differentiate into a UK or USA branch, it has however been infiltrated by anti-establishment types who take every opportunity they can to cause trouble. They have turned BLM into something very different to what it set out to be and this is what fans are angry about - that's not racism, it's politics which needs to stay out of football. Black people have come out and distanced themselves from BLM, it has set us back years.

The issue is politics and sport always go hand in hand. City and PSG using football as a way to whitewash their regime, Qatar using the world Cup for the same means. Look at cricket with the fall out from the bodyline, Apartheid stopping SA from taking part in sporting events. England not touring Zimbabwe.

You can dislike BLM although it is amazing how suddenly Karl Mark is all of sudden vilified by white Middle aged males. In fact I wonder how many of those Millwall fans actually know who Karl Marx is.

The main issue is...when you see players taking the knee do you see them supporting the political ideologies of BLM or do you see (which you should see) people taking a stand against racism. Question why a knee riles you up and why you would rather just see a banner or advertising banner.

I haven't posted on here for 8 or so years but I still read posts. But I had to put my opinion here whether people liked it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jettyb_wba View Post
    The issue is politics and sport always go hand in hand. City and PSG using football as a way to whitewash their regime, Qatar using the world Cup for the same means. Look at cricket with the fall out from the bodyline, Apartheid stopping SA from taking part in sporting events. England not touring Zimbabwe.

You can dislike BLM although it is amazing how suddenly Karl Mark is all of sudden vilified by white Middle aged males. In fact I wonder how many of those Millwall fans actually know who Karl Marx is.

The main issue is...when you see players taking the knee do you see them supporting the political ideologies of BLM or do you see (which you should see) people taking a stand against racism. Question why a knee riles you up and why you would rather just see a banner or advertising banner.

I haven't posted on here for 8 or so years but I still read posts. But I had to put my opinion here whether people liked it or not.

Your opinion is your opinion but the majority appear to want taking the knee stopped! Surely a big banner or electronic billboard can portray a clear message - we are united against any form of discrimination and racism. I dislike rainbow laces and pride shoved down my throat as it does more harm than good to those who are gay but if people want to be gay that's their right! I would be happy with a gay forward banging in the goals but I would not be happy if lets say he wore rainbow laces, as like taking the knee - it's a sport and not politics or fancy dress.

Sadly the minority will always get abuse even if they are ginger! Asians have the right idea - they work damn hard - value education and many are on the rich list. Why does this not apply elsewhere? As soon as many take chips off shoulders and stop thinking the world owes them a living we can move on. Look no further than Berahino and Ferguson - both chips on their shoulders and thought they were super special!

I dislike Millwall but when they booed - you can't tell me all those people were racist for god sake! Sucks that Rooney called the Millwall supporters a disgrace. Was banging a granny for money not more disgraceful?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)