+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall

Whats the view on the Rooney rule?

I must admit to not fully understanding it but it seems that it promotes opportunities for candidates with an ethnicity that fits the remit and avails them of an opportunity their CV might not deliver.

Isnt this positive discrimination which in my opinion is as fundamentally wrong as negative discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Here's the thing right , football in the UK now is full of players from all corners of the globe , 30% are black I believe .

These players are idolised at their clubs , there is no inequality in football , none what so ever .

It's probably the most diverse and equal industry in the country .

Sure there's the odd incident , nowt will ever be 100% .

Football in this country has no dog in this fight other than Sol Campbell of course who believes he's discriminated against because he's black .

No you aren't Sol your just a cr@p manager with a track record to prove it .
    Agree.
    And to add to that - as much as I don’t like Millwall - there isnt a set of supporters in the country that mixes with black and Asian people more than what the Millwall fans do.
    Well maybe Bradford.
    Most of the Millwall fans will have friends and neighbours that are from the BAME community.
    So I don’t think booing was a racist action - I think they are just fed up, like the rest of us, with all this political left wing woke agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Its barmy to suggest that english clubs are against appointing black managers in this day and age. It's simply not true imo. Sad thing is that people buy into this and believe it.

As you quite rightly say, professional football in the uk is probably the most diverse and equal industry in the country.

My theory as to why there aren't many black managers abart is because professional football didn't become multicultural on a large scale here in the uk until the mid to late 90s when the Premiership got big. In the 80s thy ed barely any foreign players let alone foreign managers. Black players were starting to emerge in the 80s. However, with the growth and globalisation of the Premiership it attracted more foreign players and coaches as it grew, it gave opportunities.

Think back to 30 years ago. Each squad was 95% made up of British players with British managers. It's now changed to the point where home grown players are in the minority. It proves that with time people get their chance no matter what their background is. With more cities populations in the uk becoming more multicultural we are now seeing an emergence of black footballers compared to 30 years ago. It's just a question of time before we start to see the emergence of more black managers.
    This is our clubs second black manager or mixed race to be possibly more accurate in Val's respect .

Did anybody even mention his mixed race heritage on here ? .

No they did not , it never even entered anyone's head and why should it ? .

That's how diverse football is now Pass .

It doesn't matter because he wasn't hired to tick some diversity box , he was hired because he was the best candidate to coach the squad with the style we have here .

It only becomes an issue when the liberal left tell you there's no diversity at your club and you are then pressured to appoint someone simply to tick a box through fear of being labeled racist .

When will people actually open their eyes Pass and see what's going on today mate .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    This thread ez set the po faced PC mob off on BBS riding their high horses.

I wish I was as wonderful as Jack Tatty.
    Well it's 8 pages long and nobody but nobody has put up a credible alternative post on the views shared on this thread on TM .

The only retort is racist , xenophobic , bigots and brexiters .

Don't be silenced guys , they have absolutely nothing to come back with other than the race card and an assumption that they feel they are so much better than you .

Well you lot certainly have the PC brigade that dominate the BBS with their knickers in a twist, I've read that board with interest over the years and it's got more and more PC and less and less of a discussion board where alternative views can be offered. Personally I accept that football in this country is a far reaching and very powerful medium and can be used therefore to send a message to fans and kids growing up in football that we all want an end to racism. However, the hysteria we've seen this summer from folk for whom racism was never a burning issue until it became fashionable to pull statues down, with the Police ignoring criminal damage because they're too busy on their knees, with BLM supporters wearing paramilitary uniforms marching through the capitol, with riots and lootings all over America, I'm afraid that bending the knee will forever be associated with BLM and the law breaking that's gone with it.
    It's time it was stopped before kick off and if players want to do it crack on during warm up.
    I'll not be setting foot in Oakwell again until it's done with.
    Queue the WOKE Brigade ont other channel frothing at their mouths

I've just read on there , an ex Tykesmad poster refer to us as Braindead , i always respected his views and stories , he may have forgotten the word "MONG " being used years back by another poster, he was outraged like most of us were , not a nice word to use , i can't remember if it was a member of his family/friend's who had someone with learning difficulties , so for him to call us braindead is not acceptable , dissapointing ,
    and if he thinks for one minute that me personally is a racist / brexeteer , he obviously knows nothing about me ,
    hope it stays fine for him,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I've just read on there , an ex Tykesmad poster refer to us as Braindead , i always respected his views and stories , he may have forgotten the word "MONG " being used years back by another poster, he was outraged like most of us were , not a nice word to use , i can't remember if it was a member of his family/friend's who had someone with learning difficulties , so for him to call us braindead is not acceptable , dissapointing ,
    and if he thinks for one minute that me personally is a racist / brexeteer , he obviously knows nothing about me ,
    The BBS is imploding.
    Admin on there have lost the plot. Most of the time that site is indistinguishable from ‘My Little Pony’.
    A Barnsley football Club message board inhabited by mostly (not all) snowflakes.
    Reading some of the posts you have to remind yourself that this is Barnsley - a once proud town full of coal mining men.
    Then on they other hand the BBS Admin allow a libelist term like RACIST to be thrown about like confetti.

Only advantage the BBS has over Tykesmad (and I’ve said this for years now on here) is that there are more people posting on there - so a discussion gets started faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Yes it was sad to read that post in particular.
    I don't think we'll be getting a Christmas card.

Cantha geeor speykin inna Phonetically Tarn accent , summonum Entaclew watwionnabart ,

Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    The BBS is imploding.
    Admin on there have lost the plot. Most of the time that site is indistinguishable from ‘My Little Pony’.
    A Barnsley football Club message board inhabited by mostly (not all) snowflakes.
    Reading some of the posts you have to remind yourself that this is Barnsley - a once proud town full of coal mining men.
    Then on they other hand the BBS Admin allow a libelist term like RACIST to be thrown about like confetti.

Only advantage the BBS has over Tykesmad (and I’ve said this for years now on here) is that there are more people posting on there - so a discussion gets started faster.
    Maybe some have been on furlough for the last decade !!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast