+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Nottingham Christmas Market

O/T:- Nottingham Christmas Market

Utter stupidity. There were no controls on the number of people entering. How did they think this would work out?

Nottingham City Council are money grabbing tossers.

I went to Beeston Farmers market a few months ago. Limited numbers allowed through, a one way system, hygiene stations next to nearly every stall, everyone wearing masks.

Why can our own council not do anywhere near as good a job as Beeston. Because they didn’t care until it made front page news.

Birmingham and Manchester cancelled theirs. I wonder why?

Idiots running Nottingham. And we can’t even put a few thousand fans in a stadium fit for 20k, I bet if the council got a similarly sized brown envelope as they do from Mellors we’d be fine.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-12-2020 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Corrected Off Topic prefix

Aren't Mellors responsible too? They must have known what would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Utter stupidity. There were no controls on the number of people entering. How did they think this would work out?

Nottingham City Council are money grabbing tossers.

I went to Beeston Farmers market a few months ago. Limited numbers allowed through, a one way system, hygiene stations next to nearly every stall, everyone wearing masks.

Why can our own council not do anywhere near as good a job as Beeston. Because they didn’t care until it made front page news.

Birmingham and Manchester cancelled theirs. I wonder why?

Idiots running Nottingham. And we can’t even put a few thousand fans in a stadium fit for 20k, I bet if the council got a similarly sized brown envelope as they do from Mellors we’d be fine.
    “Ouch”

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Aren't Mellors responsible too? They must have known what would happen.
    Absolutely. But this decision was defended by the council a month ago as being “completely safe and well organised”. The council haven’t closed it down. Mellors have decided to.

I'm surprised they didn't turn it into "student accommodation" like every other new development.

Name:  Market.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  87.8 KB

I am not surprised by anything the members of Nottingham City Council do. They have spent the last 50 years ruining a once wonderful city, and spending ratepayers money as if there is no tomorrow.

Totally agree if this council was in the private sector it would have been put into liquidation years ago and yes it’s a travesty what they have done to this once great city.

Cases have been dropping for weeks. Why not wait until they are well below the country average before doing this? Or at least until the review in less than 10 days when we’d be out of tier 3?

Madness that after months they can’t wait another 10 days before opening.

And worse that they can’t control the numbers attending.

There are many businesses who cannot open by law at the moment. Who would gladly open in a very safe way given the chance. Businesses that are going under whilst the council allow this fiasco.

When there’s a spike in cases in 5-10 days time we’ll all know why.
    Last edited by The_Don_ORiordan; 06-12-2020 at 05:42 PM.

It really is outrageous that this event went ahead. Researchers at Stanford looked at the impact of Trump's rallies on covid cases. The study was published in October, so plenty of time for it to be read by the council.

The conclusion of the study is as follows:

Our analysis strongly supports the warnings and recommendations of public health officials concerning the risk of COVID-19 transmission at large group gatherings, particularly when the degree of compliance with guidelines concerning the use of masks and social distancing is low. The communities in which Trump rallies took place paid a high price in terms of disease and death.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast