+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Saying 'This Black Guy'

Saying 'This Black Guy'

Is it really racial abuse?

I hope it's not too warm in Paris tonight, the snowflakes might melt.

World's ****ed.

The match between Paris St-Germain and Istanbul Basaksehir was suspended after a match official was accused of using a racist term towards one of the away side's backroom staff.

Istanbul allege fourth official Sebastian Coltescu used a racist term towards assistant coach Pierre Webo.

Former Cameroon international Webo was shown a red card in an exchange on the touchline.

Istanbul players walked off the pitch in protest with PSG players following.

The incident happened just 14 minutes into the Champions League Group H tie, which was still goalless.

Istanbul forward Demba Ba, who was a substitute, could be seen on the touchline asking the official: "Why, when you mention a black guy, do you have to say this black guy?"

Don't understand what the official should have said? Presumably he should not have used the word black to indicate a particular player.

Here is the full transcript:

"da-i la ala in negru de acolo. nu se poate asa ceva. ala... dute si verifica... dute si verifica... ala de acolo in negru de acolo"

Which translates:

"give it to that (guy) in black over there. This is unacceptable. That (guy).... go and check... go and check... that (guy) over there in black over there".

He never refered to him by the skin colour but by the color if what he was dressed in. The word "in" in romanian means the same as in english. So "in negru" means "in black".

I suppose this type of thing was always gonna happen.

Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves trying to prove how right they are.

Just think.

If the Turks apologised and PSG apologised what a great message this would send out.

That official (Not that I'm a fan of officials) took some amount of abuse as the baying mob surrounded him.

He stayed very calm and didn't react....I hope they haven't ruined his career.

I can understand in the heat of the moment why the Turks reacted (just) but now that it's pretty apparent that the official has done nothing wrong they should issue an apology.

This is what happens when you see everything through the prism of race.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

World's ****ed.
    I would agree. What is the difference between 'that black gu' and 'black lives matter'? I get and totally agree with the criticism of racial abuse, but really, in this case (if that is what he said)? Where is the world going?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

World's ****ed.
    He said nothing wrong.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)