+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne amnesty

Let's be honest here lads, it's only because of the love and respect we have for Warney due to his RUFC legacy and how he is as a man, that it's taken this long for the pelters to start coming in. Any other manager would, in all likelihood, have been hounded out long before now with his stats. As others have said that post match interview last night was just 'tekking the p*ss'.

My worry is that some of the team selections, tactics, and interviews are becoming erratic. Almost illogical. And his apparent acceptance of being inferior really grinds my gears. I'm sure that's not how he really feels but it's certainly the impression he purveys.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    That's not 100% true as I don't hear him referring to Fatty, Stinky, Pencil Cock, Dumbo.....unless he keeps that behind closed doors

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Pencil cock? Is that one with a rubber on the end?
    ....on song tonight Gristy boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Football Heaven presenter tonight said our wage bill is 5 to 6 times below the division's average ! Seems a bit of a nonsense statement-how do you do the calculation ?
    As an example, Watford have 1 player allegedly still on 70k a week, and he wasn't even in the squad last night. I doubt whether any of ours are on more than about 6/7k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    As an example, Watford have 1 player allegedly still on 70k a week, and he wasn't even in the squad last night. I doubt whether any of ours are on more than about 6/7k a week.
    PG, that doesn't mean much. Weds have several players on very big money and they are also s.hite this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Football Heaven presenter tonight said our wage bill is 5 to 6 times below the division's average ! Seems a bit of a nonsense statement-how do you do the calculation ?
    Nonsense sums up that whole programme,mind you what can you expect from the virtue signalling beeb these days.

Agree, Brin, but over the course of a season money tends to win things on average.

PW has set himself higher standards than we are currently displaying.
    Needs to get back to those and improve on them a bit.

Once we've swept aside Bristol he can relax a bit

Pencil cock? Is that one with a rubber on the end?
    No it's one with some lead in it

Should we drop and ban any criticism of our manager considering the massive disadvantages he has to put up with?

Out of our depth in this league
    Our competitors have bigger budgets
    Our competitors have better players
    Most of the teams in our league have been in the Premiership
    We’ve got lots of injuries

Seems unfair to criticise the bloke
    I think all of them are just excuses, you can’t blame him for money or being in a tough league but you can blame him if you think he’s been too easy on the players.

Relaxing training over international breaks
    Lack of motivation on pitch

None of that has anything to do with money or size or the club and I’m sorry grist I think your a great guy but I’m so sick of listening to people complain about money

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast