+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Squandered chances

Squandered chances

He might be our top scorer and joint top scorer on the league but jesus,what a display on how to waste chance after chance.

armstrong cost us the game tonight.. fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    armstrong cost us the game tonight.. fact.
    My exact words mate. No word of a lie I was going to post this exact thing, you beat me to it.

If you are going to get in the top 6 you dont play well and lose it that lot who we where better than. But still lost. We lose way too many games, no matter how many good little runs you go on to make up for it. It all still amounts to mid-table.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    My exact words mate. No word of a lie I was going to post this exact thing, you beat me to it.

If you are going to get in the top 6 you dont play well and lose it that lot who we where better than. But still lost. We lose way too many games, no matter how many good little runs you go on to make up for it. It all still amounts to mid-table.
    when it comes down to it, i just think we are a little bit short on quality that the other top teams have. i include dack being in the team in that also.. dont forget he was part of the previous failures..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    when it comes down to it, i just think we are a little bit short on quality that the other top teams have. i include dack being in the team in that also.. dont forget he was part of the previous failures..
    We are where we are for a reason. That performance and result is an exact replica of the season. And where we have been stuck for 2 years.
    They where poor. All over the pitch. Through a big man on, and beat us.
    They are actually one of the better sides of the division. And are really poor.
    We are better, played better. But we managed to lose.
    We play pretty football with no real cutting edge. We have players like Rothwell who plays well one games, then nothing for the next 3. Holtby took another night off last night.

Its all smoke of mirrors with Rovers. Big talk, a **** load of excuses every game. And we are unable to beat anyone half decent above us in the table. We beat crap with 10 men. We beat sides down the bottom now.
    But crucially, we lose to sides around us, or above us.

Last night was just a reminder to anyone actually thinking we are starting to make progress, the reality is, we are just not good enough to get near the play offs. We are just a mid-table club going nowhere until something fundamental changes.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)