Got a phone call this morning at 5am.
Actually thought it was my alarm so turned it off. 20 second later it rings again. It's my neighbor. "Just had a scuffle with 2 blokes emptying you garage".
Wtf. Jumps up, hurdles the dog to get downstairs and neighbors just walking down my drive. 2 doors on the van wide open and garage door open.. he had a few cuts and a swollen hand but he gave as much as he got. (Used a steel wrench) he recons one of the blokes was squeeling like a pig...

I have 5ft steel gates which are padlocked. A remote control garage door and a deadlocked van with alarm.

They parked the black hatchback car between mine and the neighbors house. He didn't recognise the car model but saw SH 11 as the first bit of the reg. (Prob stolen) they Cut off the padlock. Scanned the garage door to open it and used a pri bar to pop the locks on the van..

Phoned the police and before I had finished talking to the lady on the phone a cop van arrived outside. Tbh there's very little they could do as the blokes wore gloves and had hoodies and face coverings..
He gave me a crime number for insurance and mentioned a 1230am break in with sim discription driving a black vauxhall hatchback.
Luckily I only had a handful of tools in the van and very few in the garage. Most are in my workshop which they didn't get to.

They obv knew what was of value as Stihl saw and new twin drill set have gone when my old jigger pick and corded drill was along side the other bits. and they were just wheeling out the choppers/tomahawk when neighbour stopped them.
That orange Tommi I restored was thrown at the neighbour which is now bent and a bit worst for wear. Though he recons he got 6 or 7 good blows with the wrench.

I've put the word out to a few who would let me know if owt was offered to them bit I'm not holding my breath.