+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry Robbo - Times up

Sorry Robbo - Times up

Rapidly loosing interest match day as predict another horror show

His post match summary akin to listing Boris Johnson .. repetative garbage and fooling no one.
    He mentions Hastie his match report as taking longer to regain fitness … utter phish. He’s a professional footballer and assume full training with Rangers before his loan.

He has lent out players who are better the one’s he’s brought in. Stuff the match experience … they can gain same experience at Fir Park.
    Harry Robinson … why on earth was he allowed to recruit his son who had been released every club ONLY to loan out ?
    He’ll be first out the door come a new manager

Other forums are more brutally honest re-Robinson’s management and player recruitment. I would not allow him near the January window and prepare his replacement.
    Jim Goodwin has taken a very poor St Mirren and has improved their play with a budget and squad smaller ours !
    Carrumba .. he had foresight to recruit Tait who we sorely miss

Mention made of set plays and cross balls … their non-existent for FFS. We have no one capable getting to line and crossing over.
    It’s a tactic that’s evaporated Robinson’s reign. Wingers get ball to feet whilst standing static … tackled and possession lost.
    Quality of O’Donnell cross balls appaulling and rarely get pass defender as knee height. Please forget Lamie and McGinley as both lower league players and out their depth.

Ignoring injuries (Carson, Carrol, Dunn, Donnelly) we have a squad majority would not get a game lower leagues … thank you Robinson

Robinson does need to go, but he's far from the only one and this is what the problem is.

Because if/when Robinson does eventually go, the job will almost certainly be handed to Keith Lasley, a move which would simply ensure more of the same as we have under Robinson. And that would be a massive mistake, not to mention a lazy and unimaginative appointment, but it would be so typical of our jobs for the boys outlook.

We need drastic change at the club, on and off the park. An entire new management team is required to act as a new broom to come in and clear out the deadwood and give us a fresh approach. Easier said than done I grant you, given the utter garbage we have in that squad, but a new management team could prove effective in at least getting some of them to up their game, before a rebuilding job in the summer. As you said, Robinson cannot and should not be allowed to oversee another transfer window, he's had plenty and made a pig's ear of it time and time again.

As I said yesterday, I refuse to believe that Stephen Robinson and what he serves up is the best we can hope for.

Goodwin's St Mirren were a game away from getting relegated last year while we were third and though better this season they are still dross. Despite the many flaws we have, if they're what we're inspiring to we might as well give up now.

Tait was so bad for us for months he lost his place to Grimshaw (!) and there was absolutely no one who thought he was worth a first team wage when released.

Edit to add: I don't necessarily disagree a new broom needed btw.
    Last edited by Handsome_Devil; 13-12-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Goodwin's St Mirren were a game away from getting relegated last year while we were third and though better this season they are still dross. Despite the many flaws we have, if they're what we're inspiring to we might as well give up now.

Tait was so bad for us for months he lost his place to Grimshaw (!) and there was absolutely no one who thought he was worth a first team wage when released.
    My point with Goodwin he has improved St Mirren whereas Robinson has regressed and clear for all to see plus laughable signings.
    Grimshaw shoe horned into a position not familiar and Tait's wage saving spent on McGinley and Lamie who are both ends a pantomime horse.
    Robinson time up and should NOT be allowed near cash accumulated transfers & Europa January window.

Regressed since when?

Robinson saved us from near certain relegation, reached two cup finals, took us into Europe via third and did all that when making us millions in the transfer market. Just because his time might be up now, let's not completely rewrite history. If he went tomorrow he'd be leaving us in a massively better position than when he took over and as one of the most successful managers we'd have in recent years.

I think we missed a window in summer when him leaving would have been ideal for both parties, much like McCall should have gone after the Aberdeen miracle in 2014.

Regressed since when?
    Please concentrate this season and perhaps should have worded accordingly but assumed anyone reading would come same conclusion referring recent times. I made no mention past years and only YOU raise (?)

Robinson been utter dross tactically and post match summary is repeat previous weeks … same excuses
    1. We are predictable, slow out of defence, aimless long balls, long throws, no play through the middle or in wide areas, missing goal scoring chances
    2. He mentions “We have no width and wide players not playing well” …. Robinson signed them and all poor !!
    3. Fact no fans inside ground has saved his job season 2020/21

If he left tomorrow few his signings/loan players would survive, i.e. Seedorf, Crawford, Lamie, McGinley, White, Long, Hastie, Cole and Harry Robinson. A complete re-build required
    Last edited by dasdeid; 13-12-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    Please concentrate this season and perhaps should have worded accordingly but assumed anyone reading would come same conclusion referring recent times.
    If you're only interested in this season we're never going to consider paying out 18 months of compensation in sacking a manager when we're not in immediate danger of relegation regardless of how bad it is on the park.

At present the only games we look capable of winning are the ones awarded to us by the SPL because of Covid 19. Heaven help us if St.MIrren and Kilmarnock get the decisions overturned as we would be right back in the mire. Dread to think how we will get on next Saturday in Govan

Appears my comment re-Goodwin and improvements he’s made at St Mirren vindicated as not only pumped us multiple times, they knock out Rangers of League Cup ! Now I call that a better record than Robinson season 2020/21.

I fear Saturdays result and predict humiliating defeat

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    Appears my comment re-Goodwin and improvements he’s made at St Mirren vindicated as not only pumped us multiple times.....
    There's no doubt that Goodwin has us well and truly sussed. Thats 3 games on the trot that we've been outmanouevred by them and suffered losses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)