+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby's Biggest ***-ups

Derby's Biggest ***-ups

Of course we all love our Club, but let's face it, there have been 'mistakes' over the years.

What's your favourite FUBAR? It can be anything from the long. drawn out (the 11 point season) to the ultra brief (Mick Coop)

Describe your choice or post a picture if possible for us to have a guess at

Here's mine. Do you remember? Were you there? Who did we play that day?

Name:  ism.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  68.7 KB

Ian Storey Moore introduced to crowd vs hmm not sure but March 72, a few days later on April fools day I was at Coventry to see him score for the red scum, who I've hated ever since

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ian Storey Moore introduced to crowd vs hmm not sure but March 72, a few days later on April fools day I was at Coventry to see him score for the red scum, who I've hated ever since
    Wolves

And just for once it was actually a GOOD cock up because ISM never really reached his potential and eventually limped away from the game

The signing of fake passport man, Esteban Fuertes (1 in 8 for us), possibly. Although he might have been an ISM-like lucky escape.

After "leaving" us he scored 161 goals in 353 games (301 in South America) so, was he the one who got away? Somehow he managed to play in France (Lens) and Spain (Tenerife) where his haul was 12 in 52.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 16-12-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The signing of fake passport man, Esteban Fuertes (1 in 8 for us), possibly. Although he might have been an ISM-like lucky escape.

After "leaving" us he scored 161 goals in 353 games (301 in South America) so, was he the one who got away? Somehow he managed to play in France (Lens) and Spain (Tenerife) where his haul was 12 in 52.
    Good call. We appeared to get off Scott Free sanction wise on that one, which I was surprised at

The biggest FUBAR moment I can remember came in 2020 when Uncle Mel was fooled into selling the club and ground to a fake Arab Prince who had no more money than a bin Man let alone a bin Zayed. It was on a par for misidentification as Southampton's signing of Ali Dia.

Then there was the mid 70s moment I always remember as Gerry Daly and the Hunt for the Penalty Spot. For those who don't remember (and I'm sure all do) the penalty spot disappeared in the sea of mud known as the Baseball Ground and had to be reconfigured and painted back on mid game when we were awarded one.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Then there was the mid 70s moment I always remember as Gerry Daly and the Hunt for the Penalty Spot. For those who don't remember (and I'm sure all do) the penalty spot disappeared in the sea of mud known as the Baseball Ground and had to be reconfigured and painted back on mid game when we were awarded one.
    I was one of those present that day. 1977 Against Man City.

There's only one of any significance, the rest are just your usual run of the mill cock-ups......

.... and we all know what that was!!!!

Mind you, perhaps only us old farts know!!

The loss of a certain manager?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)