+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second aif ....... Swansea .... football on the BEACH

Second aif ....... Swansea .... football on the BEACH

Firstly - when a club that pays out ££££ MILLIONS for their players but can’t afford a decent pitch ..... then that game must be ABANDONED !!!
    There was no football played during that game because the pitch was absolutely SH.TE.
    Swansea should be prosecuted for that because they clearly are used to playing on the beach so it gave them a huge advantage.

As for the game itself:
    Mowatt asleep for their first goal - but covered really well in the second half to prevent them scoring a second.
    Two goals ....... and both of them had luck attached to them.
    Lowe showing why Big Val wants another centre back ..... lack of SPEED - although Williams coming back would be a great addition to counter that.

But all in all a fantastic performance from Barnsley - considering the pitch was sh.te and it was played in Wales so obviously the weather was even more Sh.tier.
    After that performance against the 4th placed in the league then its given me real confidence for the new year.

football gets played on all types of surface we should have adapted to the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    football gets played on all types of surface we should have adapted to the pitch.
    Yes thats right I suppose YB, we still should adjust to the pitch.
    But it dunt take owt away from the fact that we were forced to play on an appalling pitch and Swanny deserve criticism for the state of it.
    They knew about it and were happy to cut it up after the match. It angers me that we've had to play on a garbage surface which they are obviously more usee to than us.

The grass has developed a disease turning it brarn. To be re-laid. The Ref decides if the surface is fit for play, not Swansea.

It's a good job these moaning Nancy Boys don't ev to laik on the winter mud flats of some years back when the only grass was a few cut up areas near the corners. Gerron wi it. Tek yer slippers off and put some reyt booits on to kick a heavy,laced-up casey abart.

Aye there's too much being made of the pitch. Both teams ed to cope wi it. We lost, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The grass has developed a disease turning it brarn. To be re-laid. The Ref decides if the surface is fit for play, not Swansea.

It's a good job these moaning Nancy Boys don't ev to laik on the winter mud flats of some years back when the only grass was a few cut up areas near the corners. Gerron wi it. Tek yer slippers off and put some reyt booits on to kick a heavy,laced-up casey abart.
    By coincidence I was flicking through the channels yesterday morning and came across 'The Big Match' with Brian Moore.
    I watched the FA Cup match between QPR & West Ham from 1976.
    No grass except on the wings, almost impossible to run with the ball but they put on a great show.
    Coming off at half time caked in mud, it was like some of the council pitches I played on Sunday mornings.
    Stan Bowles, David Webb & Frank MacLintock for QPR, Billy Bonds, Frank Lampard snr and Trevor Brooking for West Ham.
    Hardly any free kicks and only one booking for grabbing hold of the ref.
    What a joy to watch.
    Compare that to the Spurs / Leicester match where half the players found it difficult to stand up, and a riduculous VAR offside decision.
    I miss proper football.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    By coincidence I was flicking through the channels yesterday morning and came across 'The Big Match' with Brian Moore.
    No grass except on the wings, almost impossible to run with the ball but they put on a great show.
    Coming off at half time caked in mud, it was like some of the council pitches I played on Sunday mornings.
    Stan Bowles, David Webb & Frank MacLintock for QPR, Billy Bonds, Frank Lampard snr and Trevor Brooking for West Ham.
    What a joy to watch.
    Compare that to the Spurs / Leicester match where half the players found it difficult to stand up, and a riduculous VAR offside decision.
    I miss proper football.
    Good post Hodger

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    What a joy to watch.
    I miss proper football.
    Yes I remember matches like that.
    However - if one team is used to playing on a beach - but the other team is used to playing on the lush green acres at the WELL - then playing on the beach is a huge handicap to that team that is used to playing on the lush green acres at the WELL.
    Consequently - Barnsleys playing strategy was thrown out of the window as soon as they saw the beach.
    While Swansea’s strategy remained the same ......... hoof it up field and let Lowe chase it.
    And of course the beach didn’t prevent the goals that were scored.
    But ....... it will never be known what detrimental effect the beach had on the inability of Barnsley to score.

I think it's called home team advantage.

Evvin watched the highlights ,although the pitch wasn't like a bowling green, it didn't look that bad to me. The ball ran true, didn't bobble, didn't stick. Couldn't be blamed for either Swansea goal, especially the second, glided in perfectly from a corner.
    All a fuss ovva nowt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast