+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: January Transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Strange goings on

Palace have 20 players out of contract in June according to Transfermarkt
    A lot of their big names
    Batshuyi
    Schlupp
    Sakho
    Benteke
    Townsend

Steve Bruce might be interested, pick up Benteke for next to nowt and partner him with Joelinton, that would be a deadly duo and no mistake. They'd take the Championship by storm next year.

They'd be better with Vydra than those two.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Steve Bruce might be interested, pick up Benteke for next to nowt and partner him with Joelinton, that would be a deadly duo and no mistake. They'd take the Championship by storm next year.
    In fairness sinkov Benteke is slowly starting to show a bit of form, I used to play footie with a lad called Dave Freeman, he was honestly at least five times a better striker than Joelinton who really must be the worse transfer purchase in the history of the EPL.

My mate Tommy the Toon rings me after every televised Toon game and if you think I have Tourette's Syndrome you want to hear our Tommy go on about Joelinton! He's not very happy with Steve Bruce either!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    In fairness sinkov Benteke is slowly starting to show a bit of form, I used to play footie with a lad called Dave Freeman, he was honestly at least five times a better striker than Joelinton who really must be the worse transfer purchase in the history of the EPL.

My mate Tommy the Toon rings me after every televised Toon game and if you think I have Tourette's Syndrome you want to hear our Tommy go on about Joelinton! He's not very happy with Steve Bruce either!
    BT ---how lucky you are ----you have to ring up to hear the moans!! I live amongst it ---delusions of grandeur doesn't even come close to how some Toon fans regard the esteem of their club!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT ---how lucky you are ----you have to ring up to hear the moans!! I live amongst it ---delusions of grandeur doesn't even come close to how some Toon fans regard the esteem of their club!
    Nah! He's a proper lad is Tommy, loves his team and footie with a passion. Some of my best nights out ever have been Tommy and his mates in Newcastle. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I took the missus up about three years ago, she had never visited Newcastle previously and Burnley were playing mid-week. She insists we go back up as often as possible and also insists once this lockdown is over we are going back to Newcastle, first trip post-lockdown!

My youngest lad and his mate love it to, something about - it's crawling with young female students.

You have to feel for Jimmy Nail. times are hard.

Man U sign Amad Diallo or such from Atalanta. Could debut on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Nah! He's a proper lad is Tommy, loves his team and footie with a passion. Some of my best nights out ever have been Tommy and his mates in Newcastle. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I took the missus up about three years ago, she had never visited Newcastle previously and Burnley were playing mid-week. She insists we go back up as often as possible and also insists once this lockdown is over we are going back to Newcastle, first trip post-lockdown!

My youngest lad and his mate love it to, something about - it's crawling with young female students.
    BT --nowt wrong with the place at all ----I love it, however, some of the Toon fans are bigger moaners than Clarets fans and that is saying something.
    I was sensible, I married a lass from up here over 53 years ago and have never had to worry about anything since!

When Dyche was asked ahead of Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie against MK Dons about his expectations in terms of bringing players in this month, he said: "Nothing has changed from my words from before the window and before the takeover – that January is a very tough window.

"Not many want to lose their players. It is always a tough window whether you have got money or not.

"We will wait and see. There's a couple of things we talked about and possible options, so we will wait and see, but I'm not banking on it, I'm just maybe looking at it – doing our homework, being diligent and seeing if the moment can arise when we can do something."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ey_429746.html
    Last edited by oldcolner; 08-01-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)