+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer window

January Transfer window

Will there be any comings and going’s.
    Phil Jones mentioned but he’s on £120k a week. West Brom interested.
    Is Tarks off?

Does a leopard ever change its spots OC?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Does a leopard ever change its spots OC?
    Fabian Delph coming up again - he’s only on £80k a week.

I'm afraid he's a big no from me ,
    I think this is just media mayhem . What actual good would he be to us. ?

Can't see Dyche spending the sort of money they'd want on a past it player ____ if that's what it's come to we are in serious bother.

SD will do what he does best, squeeze the juice out of what he has and somehow try to avoid being the Baggies and Blades relegation bridesmaids.

There is not one serious rumour, not one single player targeted except Worrall from Forest, which means in all probability Tarkowski is off. Even more of a worry ALDI and LIDL this morning in Bolton are being cleaned out by desperate shoppers fearing no freight in until the New Year.

Jesus, what a fecking mess!

Burnley’s resolve will again be tested in January with seven clubs thought to be interested in star centre-back James Tarkowski.

The Clarets were firm with their valuation of £50million for the England international in the summer.

James Tarkowski joined Burnley in 2016 from Brentford
    It is believed that the highest offer they received was £31million, from West Ham, but they were unwilling to budge.

Bids are expected to come next month with Eurosport reporting that West Ham and David Moyes ready to launch another effort to sign him.

But the London club will not be the only side considering an offer for Tarkowski with seven clubs said to be interested.

Leicester were also keen over the summer and look set to renew their interest when the transfer window reopens.

Tarkowski has 18 months left on his Burnley contract
    Burnley face a tough choice over what to do with Tarkowski with the defender having just 18 months left on his contract.

Achieving a £50m fee seems unrealistic with such a short period left on his contract.

Tarkowski has so far been unwilling to sign a new contract with the club.

Burnley are fighting to avoid relegation to the Championship and will likely need a player of his calibre to secure their Premier League status.

But if they do find themselves relegated then they are likely to see the 28-year-old’s value diminish even further.

The way Mee and Tarkowski are currently playing we simply cannot afford to sell Tarkowski.

BT I agree but how much do we need the money??

Not a transfer.but good news

Burnley midfielder Josh Benson has signed a new contract with the Clarets, keeping him at the club until 2023.

The 21-year-old former Arsenal academy player joined Burnley in 2018

The media rumour mill suggests a right back is our top priority and we will only add to the squad to replace any player who is allowed to leave at the price we want.

Sounds sensible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The media rumour mill suggests a right back is our top priority and we will only add to the squad to replace any player who is allowed to leave at the price we want.

Sounds sensible to me.
    I might be mistaken, but hasn't a right-back been our top priority for about three years now ?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)