+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: George Galloway at Dundee game

Dave - are you George?

You may well be as Mr. Galloway has certainly had as many lives as a black cat.

Regardless, - you point out the bleeding obvious to those of us who can't see beyond the end of our nose, - albeit, - I'd prefer Queen of the South to be associated with something worthwhile rather than a highly controversial act.

You still have the opportunity to redeem yourself, by becoming a sponsor, -which was the main point I was stressing.

If the board had invited a potential local sponsor, say Mr Smith and his family, to watch the game against Dundee the other night there would have been little outcry. It is the fact that it is Galloway who at best is a controversial pseudo politician that has caused the furory and questions the judgement of the board in doing this just as the region entered into Tier 4. The say there is no such thing as bad publicity but in this instance I beg to differ.

Spike, - I totally agree with you, - but I'm going to press this point one more time, which I'm surprised more people are not seeing, and that is that Mr. Galloway, like him or loath him, has used (as his defence) that he is about to be a sponsor of the club, and so it is time for Mr. Galloway to put his money where his mouth is. After all, - he said that he would alert millions of people to the name of Queen of the South, and he certainly did on social media and almost every newspaper in the land, - but he also stressed that he was about to put money into the club.

Given that his own personal profile has grown exponentially as a consequence of attending a football match on the pretence of becoming a sponsor, - he cannot renege on that statement, - and as we are not the wealthiest club in the kingdom, - all Queens supporters should urge him to do the right thing, particularly as he has rubbed them all up the wrong way and broken every Covid rule in the book.

George will argue that Ms Sturgeon passed the rules on a whim and he will not abide by them, - but he certainly suggested that he was about to be a sponsor, - hence his attendance, - so therefore it was not on a whim and he needs to come up with the goods pronto and preferably reveal his investment to the national press and on-line news services.
    Last edited by jardi; 30-12-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Spike, - I totally agree with you, - but I'm going to press this point one more time, which I'm surprised more people are not seeing, and that is that Mr. Galloway, like him or loath him, has used (as his defence) that he is about to be a sponsor of the club, and so it is time for Mr. Galloway to put his money where his mouth is. After all, - he said that he would alert millions of people to the name of Queen of the South, and he certainly did on social media and almost every newspaper in the land, - but he also stressed that he was about to put money into the club.

Given that his own personal profile has grown exponentially as a consequence of attending a football match on the pretence of becoming a sponsor, - he cannot renege on that statement, - and as we are not the wealthiest club in the kingdom, - all Queens supporters should urge him to do the right thing, particularly as he has rubbed them all up the wrong way and broken every Covid rule in the book.

George will argue that Ms Sturgeon passed the rules on a whim and he will not abide by them, - but he certainly suggested that he was about to be a sponsor, - hence his attendance, - so therefore it was not on a whim and he needs to come up with the goods pronto and preferably reveal his investment to the national press and on-line news services.

jeez jardi the majority of the queens fans dont want galloway anywhere near queens ,him and hewitson broke the rules of covid ,you dont place any blame on hewitson with your comments which is disgraceful ,if hewitson persists in staying on as chairman queens as a club are in serious trouble as the majority wont go back until hewitson resigns ,have you not been reading the comments of the major fans on all the social media sites ? hewitsons time is up he will be hounded out like harkness was and the longer he stays the worse it is for the club .

Can the club not refund the money Mr Galloway paid for his 2 adult and 3 kids season tickets and say that if he turns up again it could be a security risk when surrounded by the main stand diehards who surely will give him pelters - that is if fans are ever allowed again into
    Palmy this season with the new Covid strain running wild.

George Galloway is a good lad. The fault lies with Hewitson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sane_Man View Post
    George Galloway is a good lad. The fault lies with Hewitson.
    George Galloway is a bad lad. The fault lies with Hewitson.

The fault lies fairly and squarely with Mr. Galloway for tweeting in the first instance; - for not being man enough to apologise to the Queens fans, the Scottish government and the QOS BOD for his faux pas and for not immediately offering financial recompense to the club.

A decent lawyer, - or even a fairly corrupt one could argue that Mr. Hewitson simply overlooked the fact that he had invited Mr. Galloway to the club prior to the change in the Scottish Government's rules just before Christmas, - which as we all know is a fairly frantic time for everyone.

I'm sorry if I'm the only one out on a limb with this line of argument, but it seems tenuous at best to accuse the chairman, - unless of course Mr. Hewitson twisted Mr. Galloway's arm up his back and forced him to take the photograph and then tweet it?

Who in their right mind would actually follow Galloway on Twitter?

Timeline:
    20th December Queens post fans update that ‘we will no longer be permitted to allow fans into Palmerston for our home game against Dundee.’
    21st December George Galloway makes a big thing of crossing the border and arriving back in Scotland
    23rd December George Galloway is at Queens Arena where his son is having a training session.

When was he invited? Who invited him? Why was he not told that fans were no longer allowed? Why was he not turned away when at the game as it was against the rules?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)