+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Sheff Utd Match Preview

This is not going to be easy, they might be adrift at the bottom of the league, they might not have won a game yet, but they've drawn 2 and 10 of their 13 defeats have been by just one goal. They've been in 12 of their 15 games right up to the final whistle, they're not going to roll over tomorrow. I worry for my finger nails.

yes...15 played and they've not won a game yet - I can't see us losing this, worst we Should do is a draw, but should be a 3 point grab, then I see those - 8 goals !

what was that about fingernails ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This is not going to be easy, they might be adrift at the bottom of the league, they might not have won a game yet, but they've drawn 2 and 10 of their 13 defeats have been by just one goal. They've been in 12 of their 15 games right up to the final whistle, they're not going to roll over tomorrow. I worry for my finger nails.
    Simples.

We need another 25 points.

It doesn't matter from whence they come but lowly teams do seem to offer a pathway.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Me too Sinkov, Ollie Norwood if playing would love to do a Bamford. With 8 goals each from 14 games Im not expecting a rout, 1-0 either way or a 0-0.

They say that things happen in threes, therefore, I wonder just how they will contrive to give a penalty against us in this match!
    The PL would be as pleased as punch if they got rid of us and the Blades this season because we just do not fit their agenda because we are both far too physical for the officials to have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I thought we looked like a proper professional football team once Stephens and Rodriguez entered the fray and we reverted to 4-3-3. It's too soon for Benson IMHO fellas.
    I think I must have been watching different games to you BT, from what I saw Stephens looked a very poor signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I think I must have been watching different games to you BT, from what I saw Stephens looked a very poor signing.
    I think this lad has played almost 400 professional league football matches, I wish I had been that good V_C.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think this lad has played almost 400 professional league football matches, I wish I had been that good V_C.

I was only commenting on what I have seen him play for Burnley. Not a clue what is performances were like when he played for Brighton or before.

Sean liked him for years and he almost went on strike to come here, so I’m sure Sean will be doing his magic and improving his fitness and we will see a gradual improvement as he finds his place.
    I hope!

Sheffield United have confirmed the club have recorded a number of positive coronavirus tests after the latest round of testing. Confidentiality stops them being named.
    Game is still on!

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...y-game-3080697

Premier League rules state that matches should go ahead if a club has 14 available players, including a goalkeeper, although decisions are taken on a case-by-case basis and dependant on circumstances — particularly in relation to the pandemic.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-19-tests.html
    Last edited by oldcolner; 29-12-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)