+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worries

Worries

Happy days or a downward spiral,I've never liked or trusted Americans so I'm not too keen on this takeover.. A few on here have stated its the only way forward but I'm not sure. Anyway I just hope we don't end up like the Bastids or even worse Bolton..Can only hope these guys are interested in our club and not bleeding us dry. Very worrying times at the moment..

Garlic still has his nose in the club as well so how's Dyche going to put up with him now? Will they get back to talking with each other?

Hopefully happy days Alf, but I’ve been worried they have set up a raft of £10 companies to run things so will only lose that if the company goes bust.
    We don’t really know who has and will be providing the money to buy the club and players or how much that is.
    Have Pace Hunt and Smith the directors personally invested in the club?
    What role will Garlick and Banas play? are they front men or just non Exec advisers.
    How much money will be taken by ALK and it’s Directors each year will they be charging us for flights jet hire etc.
    How will Moneyball work
    Lots of uncertainties but Garlick has done his best for the club and we have to trust his judgement and the words of Pace. The proof of the pudding moment is coming soon in the January window.

I am always amazed how Burnley fans can manage to turn a positive into a negative.

The EPL is a global brand and VSP have acquired Burnley Football Club to move it in a direction Garlick and co. could not go.

For those who take interest in such matters Sean Dyche is now the longest running manager in the EPL, in charge of a founder member of the Football League.

Alan Pace does not appear to be a chancer to me, he speaks of things like heritage, passion and commitment. £200 million in my eyes is one heck of a commitment.

Avoid relegation this season (which I am sure we will) and I expect one heck of an upward ride in the next few seasons.

One thing that jumps off the page to me is the dude has global connections and big ambition, the due diligence was done in a totally professional and competent manner, the EPL are happy and so am I! YIPEE!

I just can't trust Americans BT, anybody that calls football " soccer" isn't fit to be in charge of a club. .I'm actually dismayed with this news as I was secretly hoping the Deal fell through.Anyway as the old proverb says

" Time will Tell"

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I just can't trust Americans BT, anybody that calls football " soccer" isn't fit to be in charge of a club. .I'm actually dismayed with this news as I was secretly hoping the Deal fell through.Anyway as the old proverb says

" Time will Tell"
    Over the years on this forum Alf you will know I have spent a lot of my time taking money off the Yanks. Believe me they are not dummies, they are performance and profit orientated and in my own considered opinion always try to build for the long term.

"Time will Tell" indeed Alf, but I like the cut of this dude's cloth, so I expect nothing but positives to come out of this takeover. To be totally frank, even I was getting pretty much fed up with Garlick's parsimony. It was a view widely shared across most of the BFC fans forums.

My one and only concern is whether Sean Dyche will gel with the new owners. I hope he does.

" Time will Tell"
    They're in charge of Liverpool Alf, and they haven't done too badly since. As you say, time will tell, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride, the worst that can happen is that, in a few years time, we're starting again in the NPL playing Clitheroe, so it's win/win for me.

What would this message board be without the worriers. Keep up the good work chaps, they have managed this whole takeover of the Club we love and not once were any of us asked for any input whatsoever.
    This fact alone tells me that it is just not worth worrying about at all because, no matter how much any of us might worry, it will make not one bit of difference. Just chill and enjoy life ---it is what it is ----with or without Covid!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    What would this message board be without the worriers. Keep up the good work chaps, they have managed this whole takeover of the Club we love and not once were any of us asked for any input whatsoever.
    This fact alone tells me that it is just not worth worrying about at all because, no matter how much any of us might worry, it will make not one bit of difference. Just chill and enjoy life ---it is what it is ----with or without Covid!
    Will do Ashy.Happy new year to you and yours plus all other posters on here,hope it's better than this one has been .

Will do Ashy.Happy new year to you and yours plus all other posters on here,hope it's better than this one has been .
    Same to you alf ---life goes on regardless --whether we worry or not! We can just hope that next year will be far better than this one and that the Clarets remain in the top tier.
    Just hearing on the local West Midlands news that the police will be out and about watching for people trying to go to parties tonight etc., etc. It is definitely a case of the Stasi taking over, not that it makes a blind bit of difference to me ---good job that I'm not still gigging ---was always a very lucrative night and we were always booked almost two years in advance!

Happy New Year to you all.

Much brighter times ahead. Heads up and onwards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)