+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke Ayling

Luke Ayling

Absolutely outstanding. I think we all agree on that.
    The point I want to make is this....England selection.
    Now I suspect this will attract lots of ridicule but imagine if he was playing like he is for Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Chelsea etc ?!
    He has decent pace. He can mark pretty well. His distribution is superb. He brings the ball out so well it’s a joy to watch. Decent in the air too. Reads the game brilliantly.
    At 29 we might want him to become a CD rather than charging up and down the wing. it may be that we have found a CD without having to consider splashing out on another signing.
    Whether you agree or not it’s great to see a modern footballer wearing the shirt with pride. He is a credit to the club and himself imo.

I think he is a quality player, always 100% committed, plays with a smile on his face and loves playing for Leeds.

He is another player that brings so much to the team just with personality alone!

Agree 100% with both the above posts.

Against the baggies last night he was superb, keep him at centre half, he organised, he was composed, confident, he brought the ball out of defence and surged past the opposition many times, sometimes 3 at a time, absolutely brilliant.

Top player. You can see his passion for the shirt, the fans and he is a great example for the younger ones to emulate. Bielsa has brought the best out of him. Proud he’s in our team and a great leader

Seems to be liked by everyone too. Agree that Bielsa has really allowed him to develop and flourish.

The other one who has really developed in a way I thought he couldn’t is Bamford. Work rate top class and gets into positions to score he wasn’t last year. Was never his greatest fan but has impressed.

Agree he is critical player.

However, really hope he is not selected. See little good happening from being on the national team. Injuries, poor coaching, lazy and over the hill players and the stench of losing and playing poor tactics and boring football are just some of the things that you get playing for the national team

Loan him to Arsenal if you want the national team experience for him

Playing very well but long term he isn't a centre back, we need him at full back.

In terms of England, not a chance has looked good against two sides with little pace but you put pace against Luke and he gets found out a little.

***** to us though not just in terms of performance but attitude as well

Remember taking my wife to her first game at E.R a few years back, we beat Bristol City 1 - 0, i said to her, "this lot are cr@p, though the one with the girls hairdo is a bit decent, we should sign him!"

Along with KP and Dallas, I would say he's our most improved player from the Bielsa era.
    Amazing to think he couldn't get in the Bristol side four years ago!
    I want him to get picked for England simply for the recognition I think he deserves.
    His attitude both on and off the pitch is an example to all young players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)