+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done you Lads

Well done you Lads

A couple of good wins recently for you Acido and a move into the top half of the table. Keep this run going and you will soon be in the Premiership. You will then have the pleasure of Man U and their plastic fans.

Happy New Year to you all at Barnsley and continued success.

Tahh very much Abbo.
    Yes we're all pleasantly surprised at how well we're doing this season, causing teams some real problems and competing again.
    Remember when your boss Nuno came along and how well hes done for you, well our boss Valerian Ismael has really surprised us so far.

Same to you mate and the Wolves fans that know me.

Thanks for that.

I see you're a Wolves fan. We've had some good games down the years, the Mick McCarthy connection, the promotion battle in '97.

However, your club has gone on to another level in these last couple of years. A top 10 Premiership club from what I see.

One thing I don't get though is why they started to redevelop Molineux when there was nothing wrong with it. Last time I went was in November '96 for a 3-3 draw and I thought it was a perfectly nice stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Thanks for that.

I see you're a Wolves fan. We've had some good games down the years, the Mick McCarthy connection, the promotion battle in '97.

However, your club has gone on to another level in these last couple of years. A top 10 Premiership club from what I see.

One thing I don't get though is why they started to redevelop Molineux when there was nothing wrong with it. Last time I went was in November '96 for a 3-3 draw and I thought it was a perfectly nice stadium.
    I was reading about this a year or two back Pass , Wolves believe they can attract 50k to Molineux so that's the vision .

I've no doubts they can because they have a huge catchment area to pull from and have a credible history .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I was reading about this a year or two back Pass , Wolves believe they can attract 50k to Molineux so that's the vision .

I've no doubts they can because they have a huge catchment area to pull from and have a credible history .

Agree, a club with a proud history and big fanbase are Wolves. Let's be fair they've always pulled well over 20k and regularly filled Molineux since it was rebuilt in the early 90s.

The latest redevelopment started around 2012 I believe and hasn't moved on as planned. We have to bear in mind that they went into league 1 a couple o years after they started this stadium project. However, with the ambition they're showing in recent seasons I dare say that now would be a good time to get the project back underway and try to pull in the 40k+ they want

Ive chatted with them about that season when they went down to Lg One Pass, remember we were scrapping with them and stayed up thanks to C.Palace beating Peterbrough.
    Their fans thought Dean Saunders was a terrible choice for manager at the time, and it played into our hands.

P and M, re the Stadium. The Steve Bull stand opposite the dugouts was built in the 1980's and needs replacing. We have at the moment a capacity of around 31,000, but the ground is sold out for most home games. There is a 10,000 waiting list for season tickets so the ground capacity needs increasing to about 40,000. As you know Molineux is very near the town centre so massive development is difficult and the fans would not want to move to an out of town site. As you will be well aware, more fans means more money for the club to develop, it also helps a club to compete with the clubs that have larger stadiums. However, if grounds become too big the atmosphere is sometimes lost. eg West Ham.

I have been to your stadium when we were in the Championship for an evening game. As I recall we scored first and you went on to win 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    P and M, re the Stadium. The Steve Bull stand opposite the dugouts was built in the 1980's and needs replacing. We have at the moment a capacity of around 31,000, but the ground is sold out for most home games. There is a 10,000 waiting list for season tickets so the ground capacity needs increasing to about 40,000. As you know Molineux is very near the town centre so massive development is difficult and the fans would not want to move to an out of town site. As you will be well aware, more fans means more money for the club to develop, it also helps a club to compete with the clubs that have larger stadiums. However, if grounds become too big the atmosphere is sometimes lost. eg West Ham.

I have been to your stadium when we were in the Championship for an evening game. As I recall we scored first and you went on to win 2-1.

Thanks abbobrom 👍

Hey this is nice and festive int it, Barnsley and Wolves having a good natter on here lol.

And hey Abbo, you have a town called Normanton dont you nearby (just like Derby does as well actually). That's the name of MY hometown.

Interesting comments abaart the ManUre fans by the way!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey this is nice and festive int it, Barnsley and Wolves having a good natter on here lol.

And hey Abbo, you have a town called Normanton dont you nearby (just like Derby does as well actually). That's the name of MY hometown.

Interesting comments abaart the ManUre fans by the way!.
    I was delighted when Grimsby equalised at Wolves in 1997 setting up the Bradford game.

Cheer up Mark Maghee
    Oh what can it be
    Sad Scottish Barsteward
    And a sh1te football team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast