+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar Signings

Just checked Reading's wage bill and McNulty is on £5k a week so I would assume he would be the one on £140k a year if we are covering a chunk of his wage for the loan,

I accept TTT that though could be me speculating

It is speculative but even going by those figures we are actually a place higher than we 'should' be...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It is speculative but even going by those figures we are actually a place higher than we 'should' be...
    There is no way the Accies figure is correct.

I doubt the Killie figure too.

All you need to do is go look at the accounts online, its not that hard to find.

Killie spent £3.689m on wages in 2018/19 (the latest accounts available), but that includes non playing staff too.

United paid £3.703m in the same year, but that was the season we brought in a new squad in January and weren't able to get rid of the deadwood. The previous season for example was £2.697m. This obviously includes non playing staff too.

Interesting site here that claims to know salaries.

https://footballleaguefc.com/dundee-...yer-wages/amp/

A few to note:

Reynolds £2250 p/w
    Shankland £3500 p/w
    McNulty £3000 p/w
    Bolton £2500 p/w!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I doubt the Killie figure too.
    Depends on what staff are included though mate. Killie have the hotel remember, so I'm assuming it's all staff, including the non footballing side of things.

The bottom line is that contracts are confidential and known only to the Club, the player and his agent. Anything else is total speculation.

Except of course if you absolutely need the correct insider info. In which case pop along to FunnyMad - their crack accountancy experts will provide all the details you’ll ever need.

My problem with Asghar is not the players he’s signing but being part of the decisions to extend some players contracts.

I am pretty sure every person in his position will have good and bad signings and we have to hope they are good more often than not.

His signings were good enough to get us promoted but was painfully obvious that some of them were not good enough to be kept on/extended. We have a lot of players that ideally we would want to replace. With 4 of those in the middle of the park (King, Powers, Harkes Pawlett)

If he extends Pawlett then he’s lost it

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Interesting site here that claims to know salaries.

https://footballleaguefc.com/dundee-...yer-wages/amp/

A few to note:

Reynolds £2250 p/w
    Shankland £3500 p/w
    McNulty £3000 p/w
    Bolton £2500 p/w!!!!!!
    If this website is correct (which I accept it may not be) then we need to sign up L Smith, Mcmullan and N Clark

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)