+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pace and Velocity the new order and owner

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Brilliant!

it was the only possible way that we could sustain our Prem status in the short term.

Onwards and Upwards!
    Very much hope so
    First interview video in this article ( poor backdrop though!)
    Talks sense and moving his family here.
    Sean can get a new deal if he’s so central to them and hopefully work out ways of changing how we buy with Garlick still there.
    https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...-pace-19543124

Not got smellyvision sinkov but less Garlic will be welcome for Sean.

If his actions speak louder than his words on that video he'll do for me.

Barry Kilby and Brendan Flood are among the Burnley board members who have left the club with immediate effect following ALK Capital's takeover. The duo have been longstanding members of the Clarets board with Kilby a former chairman and vice-chairman.

Long-serving board member Clive Holt is also stepping down, along with Brian Nelson and Terry Crabb.
    Outgoing chairman Mike Garlick remains on the board, which will be headed by new chairman Alan Pace, while John Banaskiewicz also remains.

There is likely to be new additions to the club board with members of the ALK expected to take up positions.

The departures signal the end of the era with Kilby having had a 22-year association with the Clarets having joined the board in 1998 and taking over as chairman two months later.
    He left in May 2012 and returned as vice chairman in October 2105 following a personal battle with prostate cancer.

Flood spent two spells at Turf Moor as a director, becoming the club's major investor and operational Director in 2007 and returning in March 2014, having resigned for personal reasons in January 2013.

Holt departs after joining the board in 1986 while Nelson and Crabb arrived in 2013 and 2014 respectively.

A Clarets statement said: "The contributions of all the above directors cannot be under-estimated in helping to shape the football club and subsequently play a major part in our status as a debt-free Premier League club.
    "We thank them for their service and wish them every success for the future."

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...pital-19545762

the long and short of it - can they deliver....who knows, it's a risk....but one Pace had his sights on since he left his banking job a year ago, could've been Sheffield....but he's ended up here, like I give fLCUK - whole ball games got wonga all over it...should call it - Dosh Ball.

other than that....be interesting to see what changes occur - wiill they be happy with the same old, or will they invest up a gear, if so....can S.D change pace to suit - or is it time the helmsman took his china elsewhere ?

Personally I would like to see the new owners mark the contribution that Barry Kilby has made to Burnley Football club. After all it was Barry who started the BFC revival. I think it would be a good move for ALK to make Barry Kilby honorary club president, for the service he has given to the club.

That would be nice ... if he wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    That would be nice ... if he wanted it.
    Some unanswered questions

We held a special takeover Q&A with our Burnley FC reporter Alex James on Wednesday and here are all the answers to the questions you posed about the deal and the new ownership.

Are they all gonna be hands-on, or just Alan?

That remains to be seen at this stage, Alan will be moving to Lancashire and playing a hands-on role as chairman but as yet there has been no announcement about whether anyone else will be joining the board at Turf Moor or what roles they might play. I expect to get some clarity in the coming days.

What is ALK's business model and vision for the club? Garlick and Co. did a great job keeping the club in the black but found that revenues were not sufficient to invest heavily in the squad. How does that change under ALK?

Evolution rather than revolution. ALK will sanction signings but don't want to over-spend. They are here for the long-haul and the objective will be to build on what has already been done and stretch the spending of the club on players. Off the field, I think they see an opportunity to build Burnley as a brand overseas, which could help increase sponsorship etc.

What changes should we expect to see in the first 100 days?

I don't think there will be loads. ALK want to support the manager in January, so a new signing or two could arrive. Behind the scenes, there may be some additions to the board. But I think ALK will want to take stock of the club, meet the key people and establish a strategy going forward for on and off-pitch matters. Long term I can see a move towards trying to exploit markets such as the US and China.

Who are the wealthy individuals that funded the takeover? - Can we find out more about the other companies that they own/have a stake in?
    Will tackle these together. I think more detail will emerge on this but we do know that ALK are well resourced and are in it for the long haul at Turf Moor. We will be trying to establish the situation on other companies and who is involved where as things develop. But it is a consortium rather than one super-rich owner so don't expect billions to be spent on transfers!

Should we be worried by the loan to help purchase the club?

It's a good question. I don't think so just based on a loan to purchase. That happens in the majority of takeovers. For me, it will be more a case of how ALK go about their business and what their strategy is, they have made the right noises so far, and we should get a clearer indication when we speak to Alan Pace in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Very much hope so
    First interview video in this article ( poor backdrop though!)
    Talks sense and moving his family here.
    Sean can get a new deal if he’s so central to them and hopefully work out ways of changing how we buy with Garlick still there.
    https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...-pace-19543124
    Since Dyche and Mike Garlick are rumoured to be unable to work together, so it is concerning that Garlick is still a board member I was hoping he would make a clean break. I would suggest that this is the first problem facing Alan Pace, he need to get everyone at the club singing from the same hymn sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Since Dyche and Mike Garlick are rumoured to be unable to work together, so it is concerning that Garlick is still a board member I was hoping he would make a clean break. I would suggest that this is the first problem facing Alan Pace, he need to get everyone at the club singing from the same hymn sheet.
    Garlick is now a minority shareholder and board member, Pace is running the show. I would imagine that Pace will allow Garlick as much input as he thinks fit and not a jot more.

I'm not suggesting Burnley will operate like Tottemham, but in that Spurs documentary on Prime covering last season I was surprised how much Levy was hands on, I had imagined he was some sort of shadowy figure hovering in the background, but not a bit of it, he was there alongside Mourinho, alongside the players, available all the time, contributing all the time, nothing happened that he wasn't aware of, that didn't have his approval. I would imagine Pace might operate in a similar fashion, which wouldn't leave much opportunity for Garlick to stick his oar in.

Or maybe not, who knows ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)