+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Lockdown Part 3

O/T Lockdown Part 3

For the next 6 weeks with schools closed until at least half term .

The amount of infections at a record high with the new variant of the virus 70% more contagious .

Little wonder the NHS is struggling to cope .

The only way out of this is the vaccination and it needs rolling out at a faster rate of knots now we have the two options .

Got to maximise every resource we can , get the military involved , ex NHS , what ever it takes .

Speed this up ffs .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    For the next 6 weeks with schools closed until at least half term .

The amount of infections at a record high with the new variant of the virus 70% more contagious .

Little wonder the NHS is struggling to cope .

The only way out of this is the vaccination and it needs rolling out at a faster rate of knots now we have the two options .

Got to maximise every resource we can , get the military involved , ex NHS , what ever it takes .

Speed this up ffs .
    The figures are suspect to say the least

We are being fed stats that suit a narrative -whatever that might be

Answer me this, we have socially distanced for nearly a year, shut down pretty much every form of contact socially , worn face coverings, sanitised more regularly , yet the infection rates have gone up 9 fold!!

We act based on science - the same science that has been consistently wrong

We’re protecting the nhs ? ? Some departments are like ghost towns I’m led to believe, stats leaked point towards an 11% reduction in admissions, every other area of death is down (cancer, dementia etc). Are we protecting the front line or the back line who can’t cope because of the lack of assistance from the front line
    Nurses off with stress?
    Self isolating for 2 weeks because they were stood within 20 yards of someone who’s tested positive at the school gates?
    Stats based on if tested positive within 28 days - I could get it (as my eldest daughter did), isolate, go out on day 15 and get steamed down by the 194 from ryhill , guess what? I’m a covid death!!

This year is only the 8th highest death rate in the last 27 years - I’ve been roaming the planet during all of this time and it’s the first time I’ve known this level of measures - unless the 7 other years of lockdowns have escaped me

Flu has thousands of strains , some worse than others, some more virulent than others - answer me this (not you animal , just any readers in general), how many colds have you had this year compared to previous years? . Covid is here to stay, we can’t keep locking down

Remember the old tape recorders? Play/pause ? What’s the first thing that happens when you press play again???

My dad is on the vulnerable list and a st holder - his response ? I’m old enough to assess my own risk based on what I know . This from a man who studied/practised ..... health and safety

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    The figures are suspect to say the least

We are being fed stats that suit a narrative -whatever that might be

Answer me this, we have socially distanced for nearly a year, shut down pretty much every form of contact socially , worn face coverings, sanitised more regularly , yet the infection rates have gone up 9 fold!!

We act based on science - the same science that has been consistently wrong

We’re protecting the nhs ? ? Some departments are like ghost towns I’m led to believe, stats leaked point towards an 11% reduction in admissions, every other area of death is down (cancer, dementia etc). Are we protecting the front line or the back line who can’t cope because of the lack of assistance from the front line
    Nurses off with stress?
    Self isolating for 2 weeks because they were stood within 20 yards of someone who’s tested positive at the school gates?
    Stats based on if tested positive within 28 days - I could get it (as my eldest daughter did), isolate, go out on day 15 and get steamed down by the 194 from ryhill , guess what? I’m a covid death!!

This year is only the 8th highest death rate in the last 27 years - I’ve been roaming the planet during all of this time and it’s the first time I’ve known this level of measures - unless the 7 other years of lockdowns have escaped me

Flu has thousands of strains , some worse than others, some more virulent than others - answer me this (not you animal , just any readers in general), how many colds have you had this year compared to previous years? . Covid is here to stay, we can’t keep locking down

Remember the old tape recorders? Play/pause ? What’s the first thing that happens when you press play again???

My dad is on the vulnerable list and a st holder - his response ? I’m old enough to assess my own risk based on what I know . This from a man who studied/practised ..... health and safety
    wondered when we'd get a flat earther on i think you need to visit the hospitals there nothing like ghost towns there still very busy with routing appointments and all departments are still open yes this may change now the full lockdown is in effect and yes some southern hospital have cancelled some appointments.

getting run over dosn't count on stats and death is only registered as covid if you have had a test and tested positive in the 28 days and you die of underlaying health conditions this means you could have but prob wouldn't have died from that condition in the last 28 days.

flu kills on average 11,000 a year in the UK covid so far has killed over 60,000 in less than a year plus how you die is a lot worse, your flu jab you get from October to end of December is created from the flu strains from Australia the Philippines southern hemisphere 6 months before and the get their flu jabs from our flu strains in the same way my flu jab this year was for 5 strains next year could be more or less.

ill tell you what happens when you press play again all the dumb ****ers and non believers and im alright jacks go on holidays to countries that still have it and get infected then fetch it back.

every adult is old enough to asses their own risk i am dosnt mean i wanna die with covid your dad going out ignoring the rules just because he thinks hes alright catches it or unknowingly has it and passes it on the someone that will prob die from it thats ok cos he dont know or care about the person he is in contact with. if hes in health and safety of any type then he should know better.

And there is the issue. Both sides of the arguement in two posts......
    Neither probably fully right, neither probably fully wrong. Because we live in a society with too much information, and where it’s too easy for “influencers” to affect the nation.
    The right course of action is being taken I think. Even though it will cost me my job probably.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    wondered when we'd get a flat earther on i think you need to visit the hospitals there nothing like ghost towns there still very busy with routing appointments and all departments are still open yes this may change now the full lockdown is in effect and yes some southern hospital have cancelled some appointments.

getting run over dosn't count on stats and death is only registered as covid if you have had a test and tested positive in the 28 days and you die of underlaying health conditions this means you could have but prob wouldn't have died from that condition in the last 28 days.

flu kills on average 11,000 a year in the UK covid so far has killed over 60,000 in less than a year plus how you die is a lot worse, your flu jab you get from October to end of December is created from the flu strains from Australia the Philippines southern hemisphere 6 months before and the get their flu jabs from our flu strains in the same way my flu jab this year was for 5 strains next year could be more or less.

ill tell you what happens when you press play again all the dumb ****ers and non believers and im alright jacks go on holidays to countries that still have it and get infected then fetch it back.

every adult is old enough to asses their own risk i am dosnt mean i wanna die with covid your dad going out ignoring the rules just because he thinks hes alright catches it or unknowingly has it and passes it on the someone that will prob die from it thats ok cos he dont know or care about the person he is in contact with. if hes in health and safety of any type then he should know better.
    First of all , no insults have been slung in your direction - so to suggest my views are archaic and the like is going down a personal route. I'm merely someone that is more of a pragmatist - face coverings etc havent worked - the only argument that can be offered up is that it would have been more had they not been worn - yet statistics published by the government show that infection rates were lower when they weren't worn.

At no point did I say my dad went out and didnt follow rules - he, like myself , questions them and likewise follows them.

My point is that it is out there and will be for ever and a day and will keep mutating- as does flu.

The press have played a huge part in not reporting both sides of the arguments to such a point where ITV have to make an ad showing that they are independent.

Advertisings normalising face coverings etc should be banned - it isnt normal

Phone 111 and listen to the message on there - in dumbs down the symptoms and suggests over the counter remedies - yet that has never been put in those terms in the public domain

I speak with NHS professionals and hospital managers most weeks and merely pointing out what I've been told

I will tell you the issue is here, it is the various governments making cut back after cut back, that one issue (Pandemic) is now the straw that broke the camels back and is coming back to bite them on the ronson. I will make a prediction that in 20-30 years time, mud will be slung over what has gone on. For me, Covid isn't the killer disease it feels we have all been led to believe, but can be the straw that breaks the camels back again with vulnerable people.

my point in risk assessment is also that if my dad went into a pub at 2pm the risk is significantly lower than if he went in at 8pm etc - that again isnt not following rules , its making an informed decision based on how many people will likely be in a place at a given time - is this not the attitude you would rather people have so we can get some normality back??

Some interesting points made there Renno and I agree with some of them.

Is this the first time in our lives that we've all really gone through a serious, and even possibly fatal 'pandemic' like this ?.

I almost feel sorry here for silly Boris actually, because hes working from a clean slate so to speak, and its like hes having to make it up as he goes along. Errr now where have we heard or said that before eh lol.

Who trusts and believes in the vaccine eh ?. I dont at the moment and I dont think its going to be the glorious answer that we all want it to be. At least not yet anyway, so fingers crossed for it working eventually!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Who trusts and believes in the vaccine eh ?. I dont at the moment and I dont think its going to be the glorious answer that we all want it to be. At least not yet anyway, so fingers crossed for it working eventually!.
    I’d have it tomorrow if it’s available.

Just to say , I'm not by any stretch saying I'm right - thats life and all that, it would be boring if everyone agreed all of the time

I can't help but think that as a public we havent been given an unbiased view and been allowed to make our own minds up - we have been drip fed a narrative and reports to then back this up - to a point where it makes watching some news/TV frustrating to a point where I've stopped watching most of it because whats the point (come on here instead!!)

One thing that should be done for future pandemics etc is that we should have the best ex-PMs all get their heads together as some sort of think tank, deploy such as the Military to sort out logistics - they plan wars for chuffs sake!!, have resources the length and breadth of the country and not just centralised in London (Because lets be fair its as if that city is the epicentre of the universe). I would quite happily pay an extra 1p in the £ in tax to get such as the rag trade back in this country and mean that we're not caught short - rather than importing. Lets be honest , the coal issue was down to importing the stuff - have we not learned anything!!

I do think Johnson has had a thankless task however this whole thing has been handled , in my opinion ,badly from the start - would Brown, Blair or Cameron done better? I personally think so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast