+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brendan Flood says goodbye

Brendan Flood says goodbye

Brendan Flood has posted a farewell message on Linked In as

Chairman of UCFB Holdings Ltd & Real Estate Developments Group , Director of Burnley FC & Businesswise

As a local lad, it has been a huge privilege to serve as a Director of #BurnleyFC since 2006,when we had a turnover of £6m and losses of £2m pa. It was very challenging back then. We have progressed slowly but steadily to a turnover of £130m and have become a consistently profitable club. We are known to be frugal but,in truth we,the Board, care so much about the Club because we are fans first and foremost. The biggest decision for any business is to choose a good #leadership team. We have chosen strong managers and the staff within the Club have been absolutely tremendous, having grown in confidence year on year.I will miss them the most. I hope that ALK, led by Alan Pace,contribute to the future of the Club and enjoy some of those special memories which only sport can provide. My favourite memory is the Championship Play Off final 1-0 win vs Sheffield United in May 2009. We have never looked back. Thank you Burnley- I have never wanted to be from anywhere else.

A man who has been a director of over 100 companies half not now trading can’t be faulted for effort and UFCB seems to be a success, that benefitted from club links. I hope they continue. I don’t know him but he seemed instrumental in getting promotion first time even though the loans seemed a bit dodgy and we would probably have been in deep doodoo if we had failed. He tried to build the US links years ago.

Good luck Brendan and thanks

Some don't like him, but I do because his heart was always in the right place.

Bon Voyage.

That's the thing with local directors, it's difficult to criticise them when they think they are doing the best for the club rather than serving their own interests. Teasedale had his critics but he saw us through some rough times.

Goodbye to bad rubbish, which is what he was and is.
    Last edited by Altobelli; 05-01-2021 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Goodbye to bad rubbish, which is what he was and is.
    OK, I stand corrected, it isn't difficult to criticise them :-)

You was spot on with your quote kritichris " serving their own interests", which is what he did and in the end costing BFC just as much if not more than he actually put into the Club in the end

You was spot on with your quote kritichris " serving their own interests", which is what he did and in the end costing BFC just as much if not more than he actually put into the Club in the end
    Totally agree Alto.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    OK, I stand corrected, it isn't difficult to criticise them :-)
    It isn't hard to criticise Teasdale Kriti.. Welcome to the board mate..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    It isn't hard to criticise Teasdale Kriti.. Welcome to the board mate..
    Cheers alf..... Chris is fine, the Kriti bit is a throwback to when I used to live on Crete in 2007.

Alto did he not inject money (he didn’t have?) into the club in 2009 that led to our promotion, but would have put us at risk of administration had we failed to get up?

How did he take money out as the accounts seemed to say no directors took fees or dividends.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)